DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still Confused in Reading the Position Indicator

Dariof

Reactions
Still confused about reading the relationship between the 2 triangles. Also, sorry for the pic taken with my cell phone....but it shows what I need to show.

The MP is directly in front of me pointed away from me. I’m under the impression if the 2 arrows are pointed towards each other, the MP will be flying towards me. But in reality, if I push the right stick forward, it would fly away.

If I yaw the aircraft 180 degrees so the rear of the red arrow is pointing towards the white arrow, then push the right stick forward, the MP will fly at me.

How to I read this thing?

Attachments

• 7B5EAE3F-3A29-4773-908F-1A91B847CBAB.jpeg
    7B5EAE3F-3A29-4773-908F-1A91B847CBAB.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 102

Reactions: Hal
Msinger, I’ve watched that video so many times, and That is not what is happening with my drone.

According to the video, when the red arrow and white arrows are pointing towards each other, and you fly the drone forward, it should be coming towards me. But, It is not. The drone is going away from me. I’m not sure how to fix this.

I see what your asking Dariof, and the video above may have this info too . . .

The left map diagram is orientated to the direction you are facing, while the right hand side map has north, well, to the north :)
So you are facing east, the left map field shows arrow up the way you are facing with the controller (you can see the north N to the left), the right hand map field shows it pointing right, to the east in that fixed north orientation.
On both your maps the > is pointing east.

Not sure if you can set the right hand map to turn with your orientation too.

I just mostly use the left field, and have the green line to home always showing me which way this is.

Reactions: Dariof
But, It is not. The drone is going away from me.
Right. It should be going away from you.

You are the center dot in the attitude indicator. If you're flying the Mavic forward and the tip of the red arrow is pointing at the center of the attitude indicator, it will then be flying toward you.

It's easiest to understand how the attitude indicator works when flying your Mavic outside and watching how the aircraft symbol changes as you're flying.

Msinger, I’ve watched that video so many times, and That is not what is happening with my drone.

According to the video, when the red arrow and white arrows are pointing towards each other, and you fly the drone forward, it should be coming towards me. But, It is not. The drone is going away from me. I’m not sure how to fix this.

Hmm, I don't get that . . . obviously in your pic posted, the drone is pretty much right there on top of your location / home, so hard to see how you can tell until away enough to ensure your directional arrows are clear of home point ?

Right. It should be going away from you.

You are the center dot in the attitude indicator. If you're flying the Mavic forward and the tip of the red arrow is pointing at the center of the attitude indicator, it will then be flying toward you.

It's easiest to understand how the attitude indicator works when flying your Mavic outside and watching how the aircraft symbol changes as you're flying.
Okay...... i’m gonna fire up the simulator mode now and work that way. I believe I understand what you’re saying. Thank you so much for your responses

I see what your asking Dariof, and the video above may have this info too . . .

The left map diagram is orientated to the direction you are facing, while the right hand side map has north, well, to the north :)
So you are facing east, the left map field shows arrow up the way you are facing with the controller (you can see the north N to the left), the right hand map field shows it pointing right, to the east in that fixed north orientation.
On both your maps the > is pointing east.

Not sure if you can set the right hand map to turn with your orientation too.

I just mostly use the left field, and have the green line to home always showing me which way this is.
Thank you as well for your response. After I fire at the simulator, I’ll post again let you guys know I figured it out.

I fired up the simulator and had a blast flying it. Once I flew away from the center, which I did not realize was home point, it was easy to see how it all works.

I also understood the relationship of the white arrow to the direction of the controller (pilot).

Thanks again for the help.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
The white triangle is nothing but a top-of-the-circle mark. If, for example, you wanted to make sure you're facing North, that triangle would help (N will be right on top of it).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag