DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

still no video/gimbal movement on newly purchased and installed camera gimbal set for air2s

commrus

Reactions
hi guys, is installing a camera gimbal set replacement for the air2s supposed to be a plug and play stuff or requires pairing with the mother board before it gets activated? got an air2s drone with a broken camera gimbal from a friend, he crashed it. i recently purchased and got a brand new camera gimbal set from aliexpress and right away installed it, yet still with same result issue: no video, no gimbal movement. i have no way of verifying the camera gimbal functionality as no one in my place have an air2s. i am now beginning to suspect that the mother board core board has also sustained some damage however i dont see any error messages regarding a mother board problem and all it say is low light or something and gimbal calibration error. other than that, the drone flies well, gps, rth, led lights turns on and off on landing all functional. it flies great and doesnt seem to show glitches whatsoever just a blank video and a non responsive gimbal. is it normal for a newly installed camera gimbal set to not work or does it need programming whatsoever? or most likely its a busted core board? looking forward to all your generous ideas, tip, feedback is highly appreciated. thanks and more power fellow hobbyists!

Last edited:
I believe when you replace the camera on the newer models, it has to be paired to the motherboard using proprietary DJI software that only they have. You might have to send it to them to get it to work properly.

thanks for the reply mate. oh i thought that python programming was only for a working gimbal and camera that needed alignment. in my case its a non-functioning like a dead brand new camera gimbal installed. do this pairing mean it will turn on the new gimbal camera set? well i hope its just a reactivating paring stuff not a broken core board.

I believe it's any time that you replace the camera now on the newer drones. There was some python scripting that could be used for that in the older drones like Mavic 2 Pro and such . Anyway, good luck and I hope you can get it figured out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato