DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still spending money.....and can't come up with a catch YT channel name....

McGanksta

Reactions
we are heading to Mexico in 2 weeks, and I am taking the lil bird with.
Further investigation reveals that I cannot fly my drone in Mexico

Further investigation reveals that I cannot fly my drone in Mexico

Look into it some more, many do fly their drones there somehow, search posts here for say Mexico should do it, here you go, try some of these for a start . . .

--------
Edit - have a good look through any Mex Govco docs you may find, this one post refers to sub 250g as ok . . .

Watch your wrap and filter might tip it, though probably on one will be the wiser.
The wrap doesn't cover the weight on the body, does it ?
That could make it harder to establish sub 250g on the spot, and maybe don't want them weighing it with extras fitted.
-------

The spending spree, I first thought you funded it related to what I thought was you forum name . . . McGangsta.
Maybe use that for your social media name McGangsta Aerial Views or something like that.

Did you end up with 2 x ND32 filters ??
I noticed there was one in the set, and then another link showed an ND32 as well.

Last edited:
I noticed there was one in the set, and then another link showed an ND32 as well.
might need to check that I thought the solo filter was a 64.....

and I will look into the rest...thank you

719.Skies is going to be the YT channel, I think....719 is my Area Code

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
"According to Mexico’s national aviation authority, Mexico’s Directorate General of Civil Aeronautics (DGCA), flying a drone is legal in Mexico, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so. If you’d like to contact the DGCA directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: [email protected] / +52 5 687 7660 "

I think the problem with flying a drone comes in when you fly one that is above 250 grams. Above 250 grams need to be registered. To register it, you need Mexican Citizenship. I don't know if the travel authorities would block you from bringing a less than 250 gram drone in. Just call the number above, and see what they say.

Too bad you don't have a Mexican citizen friend. Even though it is a less than 250gm drone, he/she could register it in Mexico and send you the paper work. Then you could bring it over as a "registered in Mexico" drone. Just tell them you are bringing it to your citizen friend.

So when I made that silly graphic last night I forgot that I can't use FLY 719....it needs to read 719 SKIES.....

Mexico???? CHECK THE MEXICAN DRONE LAWS! They are much different than here. I used to live in Mexico and love the country. But I can tell you, as a gringo you need to stick to the letter of the law and that can be confusing. I'm including a few links below and you might find some of them in contradiction to each other. The biggest question in my mind is with the new drone laws can foreigners fly drones under any condition???? (see links). As I said, confusing. There are some circumstances where flying is restricted to natural born Mexican citizens, where all citizens are not created equal like in the US. Again, Mexican law is confusing and the applications of laws are often what the local authority on hand says they are.

I am attaching a few links to Mexican drone laws.
Ultimate Mexican Drone guide
Iris- Mexican drone laws
UAV Coach Mexican drone laws
Mexican drone laws

Moving on to your purchases, I think you can ditch the stickers as you may want to mount velcro on your drone for mounting strobes and other attachments. But there are a few other purchases that I feel are mandatory: 1) Landing gear. The Minis sit very close to the ground and any grass or debris can get tangled in the blades and potentially damage them unless you use a landing pad or are very careful. 2) STROBE (one or more). When mounted on the bottom a strobe can increase your VLOS by 3x or more in the daylight and much farther at night (but you'll need one for the top at night too).

Let me know what you find out about flying any drones anywhere in Mexico. When the pandemic allows I hope to spend some more time there (probably Mexico City where I used to live). Good luck.

The battery bag is something we probably all should have when traveling aboard an airplane. I may need to order one for my trip to Denver in a couple of weeks.

Buying accessories can add up quickly for sure, but getting needed ones like a few you are getting is "insurance" for air travel and the drone arriving in flying order.

I'm waiting for my DJI Pocket 2 camera to show up before my trip. Now that was a pricey purchase.

The "liberal" application of the law is what scares me....I would hate to have my Mini 2 taken less than a month into ownership....

McG

I am about an hour south
Around CO Springs / Fort Carson? Been a couple of times and love it - wanted to move there at one time - but too expensive. Had a nephew who used to live near Columbine as well. Had a cousin who lived in Pueblo - but since passed away. Never been that far south. Most travels are like Grand Junction when my daughter lived in Moab, UT. Wished I'd had my drones back then for some awesome flying.

Checked out Pikes Peak and saw no restrictions flying there, which we may try if we have time. Went up top last trip and was bitter cold and hard to breathe in Dec. We drove up in car, which was cool.

Reactions: McGanksta
I am in Monument
Army moved me here in2012...retired in 2017....stayed

ok Logo update....silly i know...but it passes timesimple2.png
simple icon.png

Post your YT channel link can't wait to subsribe and maybe watch review of those red stickers.

Still trying to get it set up
Have a trip to Mexico end of the week then will finish setting things up for it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada