DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stills and Lightroom?

Coskier

Reactions
New Mavic Air owner here, and struggling to make sense of how still images are numbered on the SD card. Has anyone come up with a good workflow for importing files, ensuring the names are unique (main issues are Pano and HDR sub-folders), and so on?

I know at least that there is a setting in DJI Go to number photos continuously rather than resetting every flight. That would be a first step to ensure you don't have photos with duplicate names.

I know at least that there is a setting in DJI Go to number photos continuously rather than resetting every flight. That would be a first step to ensure you don't have photos with duplicate names.
I have that enabled, but when it does panos or HDR's, it creates a subfolder with a name matching the image number, then just numbers them pano001.jpg, etc. - basically resetting the name of the individual components each time. Definitely a PITA. I'm inclined to do some file renaming of these, but haven't figured out a good solution for that yet. Was hoping someone here had thought that through.

I'd simply use LR import function to rename the file with the capture date/time and a serial number. This should eliminate digging through folders. Good luck!

I'd simply use LR import function to rename the file with the capture date/time and a serial number. This should eliminate digging through folders. Good luck!

Not sure why I hadn't thought to try that - good call.

Reactions: ajoy
when it does panos or HDR's, it creates a subfolder with a name matching the image number, then just numbers them pano001.jpg, etc
I just keep those subfolders intact as... well, they are "packed" how the files belong. Duplicate names in these separate folders are not an issue.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake