DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stopping is too mushy

WildDoktor

Reactions
I've been flying for 5 years and Part 107 for the last 4 years, but I've never had a dji before. I now own a Mavic Pro, and have watched many hours worth of videos and read many articles about settings and such, in order to get up to speed and fly safely / accurately.

My main workhorse is the X-Star Premium, which I have dialed in to my liking and flying style. Now it's time to get the MP setup as well.

First question: how (in P mode) do I tighten up the "stopping distance"? Meaning, currently I'll fly to a position where I want to stop, but the drone overshoots and slowly comes to a stop some distance after I center the stick(s). I know it's a setting somewhere, but I'm not sure which one or where, or which way to move that setting to tighten things up (or loosen it up). :)

Help?

Thanks!

I know on the Mini2 you can hit the 3 dots at top right in the APP...find controller and there is a setting at that point that you can change

Last edited:
Braking is under Sensitivity settings in MC Settings > Advanced > Sensitivity > Braking.
You can set it from 50% to 150%, 150% being very aggressive braking, following no input on control sticks.
Thank you! Will play with that setting today.

As advised above stopping can be set in sensitivity settings. You can also slam to a stop with the pause button. I guess that could be useful in some cases.

Reactions: WildDoktor

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242