DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Store with props on or off?

TedShred

Reactions
Does it make any difference long term?
I'm storing it with them on and with prop keepers.
Of course I check them preflight.

20190223_095558.jpeg

Reactions: JRT
The only problem I see with this picture is the stress on the prop hub rivets. By puling down and in on the props, there is pressure on those rivets, and if if gets bad, the props will get loose in the rivets and possibly affect the stability of the prop. In your case's case(?), I would just take the props off and stow them in the slots on the sides the the Mavic..

props in case.jpeg

I didn't think of that. Thanks.
The only problem I see with this picture is the stress on the prop hub rivets. By puling down and in on the props, there is pressure on those rivets, and if if gets bad, the props will get loose in the rivets and possibly affect the stability of the prop. In your case's case(?), I would just take the props off and stow them in the slots on the sides the the Mavic..

View attachment 63925

I just took a close look at my M2P and discovered that with the battery installed the tips of the props are gently touching the battery and if you press them they don’t seem to put any pressure on the hubs. NOW, if you take the battery out there is the potential to put a lot of stress on the hubs,

My bottom line takeaway from this is that if you have prop restraints only use them with the battery installed.

I just took a close look at my M2P and discovered that with the battery installed the tips of the props are gently touching the battery and if you press them they don’t seem to put any pressure on the hubs. NOW, if you take the battery out there is the potential to put a lot of stress on the hubs,

My bottom line takeaway from this is that if you have prop restraints only use them with the battery installed.
have to agree with you there if the battery is in the drone then no issue

View attachment 63925
Yea definitely a gimmicky product...

Do you have cases for your helis?
No cases...foam blade holders ...blades fold and clip to the boom...in the house i just keep the blades extended...especially on these little guys ;)

No cases...foam blade holders ...blades fold and clip to the boom...in the house i just keep the blades extended...especially on these little guys ;)

Beauty!

If every drone pilot had to fly one of these for a year before they could fly drones, there would be much better pilots out there. Took me 6 months to learn how to hover my TT Raptor 30 many years ago.

Beauty!

If every drone pilot had to fly one of these for a year before they could fly drones, there would be much better pilots out there. Took me 6 months to learn how to hover my TT Raptor 30 many years ago.
Oh yea.... that's why I feel bad for the new pilots when their drone goes into atti mode they start freaking out:D I just laugh a little bit even though it's not funny if they only could just hover a helicopter or even get it off the ground tail in...atti mode is a breeze if you can hover one of these ;) it would be nice if all DJI drones came with atti mode this way people could practice. It's a shame because when it does happen on a mavic and it's rare, so I'm sure it takes people by surprise it probably is scary... that's why I suggest to new pilots to just get a cheap $50 drone and practice before moving up.....because that will have no sensors or GPS and It will atleast help them. Anyways.... it did take me a good couple months just to learn tail in, and then start progressing onto side and nose in.... now I just throw them around:p

Super neat case! Did you make it yourself? Looks like the battery hub it's connected in place, am i right? Also the remote?

Nope didn’t make it myself, that’s how it comes from the manufacture. The battery hub/charger, you’re right all fitted into the case as per the manufacture again.

The case is, B&W type 3000 case made for the Dji M2P, they do soooooo many cases for our drones.

Bit of info for ya;)

FA090D62-F933-4646-AB2D-BC9FEBC15745.jpeg

Nope didn’t make it myself, that’s how it comes from the manufacture. The battery hub/charger, you’re right all fitted into the case as per the manufacture again.

The case is, B&W type 3000 case made for the Dji M2P, they do soooooo many cases for our drones.

Bit of info for ya;)

View attachment 64035
you really love that case it shows

Reactions: Former Member
I always leave my pros on. My drone sits lower in my case so no pressure on the props;)

View attachment 64014
When charging my batteries with power supply and hub. I've noticed the Power Supply get's pretty darn hot after charging 3 batteries. I see they recommend to leave the case open and remove the foam transport protection when charging.

Last edited:
When charging my batteries with power supply and hub. I've noticed the Power Supply get's pretty darn hot after charging 3 batteries. Are you having any issues with heat having it wedged into the case like this?

Nope no problems at all, I think B&W would have done their research on it before putting it to market.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest