DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storing Batteries at 55%

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
Hi All!

I have discharged my Air 2S batteries to 55% and stored them. I did this so that the batteries do not have to self-discharge after 9 days and thus escaping any sort of heating within the carry bag DJI provided. I am planning to charge them fully the day prior to the flight day which is uncertain due to the weather at my location. So I have two questions -

1. Is this a good practice? Or should I be doing some other steps and change the percentile?
2. What is a relatively good percentage of Humidity that the batteries & the Drone itself should be stored at?

Thanks!

Reactions: NOLADG
55% is perfect for storage, recommended is from 40-60%

I store mine with the 3rd light flashing (50-62.5%) and @ 70-80F. Auto discharge will still start after the default 10 days, unless you change it.

As far as I know, humidity should not be a factor for storage, as long as it's not extremely high (mold, etc). You can check the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines manual for more info.

55% is perfect for storage, recommended is from 40-60%

I store mine with the 3rd light flashing (50-62.5%) and @ 70-80F. Auto discharge will still start after the default 10 days, unless you change it.

As far as I know, humidity should not be a factor for storage, as long as it's not extremely high (mold, etc). You can check the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines manual for more infoThanks
Thanks! I guess I don't have to worry too much about it then. The default extended time before the battery enters auto-discharge after being idle has been changed from five to nine days no?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU