DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storing drone images to cloud server

Mrmojorisin

Reactions
Hi, I'm looking for a solution to store my drone image in a cloud server. Can anybody help me in doing it. Any information regarding shooting the drone image and uploading it on the cloud server simultaneously would be of great help. Thank you in advance.

Hi, I'm looking for a solution to store my drone image in a cloud server. Can anybody help me in doing it. Any information regarding shooting the drone image and uploading it on the cloud server simultaneously would be of great help. Thank you in advance.
If you have Android, Google Photos would be an option, this may also work on iOS. In the Fly app turn on "Auto Sync HD Photos". In Google Photos select "Original quality" under Upload Size in Back up & sync. Also under Back up & sync set the Daily limit for backup. Select the Fly app photos folder as one of the device folders to be backed up by Google Photos. Run Google Photos in the background while taking pictures. When you do take a picture the photo will be downloaded to the Fly app, Google Photos will immediately pick it up and upload the photo over your cell data connection to Photos.

One of many nice features in Google Photos is it's auto indexing and search capability. For example, search for "water" and photos with water in the photo will be returned.

Reactions: thazel02000
Excuse my ignorance and assuming transmission would be via the phone's? cellular network connection but wouldn't that use an awful lot of data allowance?

Excuse my ignorance and assuming transmission would be via the phone's? cellular network connection but wouldn't that use an awful lot of data allowance?
You have the capability in Photos to limit daily cellular data usage. I believe the "Auto Sync HD Photos" just downloads in the background while flying the jpg file and not the raw one if you are using jpeg+raw. The 12 MP jpg files from by MA2 and downloaded via the "Auto Sync HD Photos" is typically around 10MB.

What I have outlined is an automated way of transferring photos from the aircraft to the cloud. You can also do this manually by just sharing the photo in the Fly album to Google Photos.

1627815636254.png

Reactions: thazel02000
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest