DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storing long term

Montypaks

Reactions
So I want to store my Mavic for about 2weeks. Is it advisable to leave the batteries at 10 - 30%?

Tge controller is actually at 5%

Will the very low charge be detrimental or should I charge them all (including the controller) to 60% which is the typical storing percentage.

So I want to store my Mavic for about 2weeks. Is it advisable to leave the batteries at 10 - 30%?

Tge controller is actually at 5%

Will the very low charge be detrimental or should I charge them all (including the controller) to 60% which is the typical storing percentage.
Before storing I always charge until the third led light just starts to flash ( ie just over 50%)

Reactions: Montypaks
Mavic batteries will auto-discharge to 50% after a set amount of time untouched - by default, this is 10 days (can be changed via app when attached to drone).

The timer resets any time you push the battery's button, however.

I don't know if the controller auto-discharges, but it should also be stored at about 50%.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but if the discharge “timer” is set to 10 days, I assume that flying, then leaving the batteries sitting a few days, then flying etc isn’t a problem...I don’t need to set it to discharge sooner. I don’t fly every day, especially during the winter here, but I will when it’s decent outside. If it’s more than 10 days the battery will discharge, and as long as I check it every couple of weeks to make sure it’s not too low, I should be ok?
Also, and I think I read this answer somewhere, topping off the battery before I fly is ok too? Like if I fly for a few minutes, put everything away for the afternoon, then top off the next day?

Thanks! Excellent info....

So guess I can just leave the batteries as they are then... (one solid light, one blinking light) which is around 25% - 37%

I'll charge the rc to 50%

So guess I can just leave the batteries as they are then... (one solid light, one blinking light) which is around 25% - 37%
Yes. That'll be fine for two weeks.

if the discharge “timer” is set to 10 days, I assume that flying, then leaving the batteries sitting a few days, then flying etc isn’t a problem
It's not a problem as long as you recharge the batteries before flying each time. It's not safe to fly with partially charged batteries.

topping off the battery before I fly is ok too?
Yes. Always fully charge your batteries before flying.

Reactions: Callum and Neebles
It's not a problem as long as you recharge the batteries before flying each time. It's not safe to fly with partially charged batteries.

Yes. Always fully charge your batteries before flying.

Perfect, thanks.

(Btw, I placed an order for some Strobon lights with you last night)

Sorry for crowding your thread @Montypaks

Btw, I placed an order for some Strobon lights with you last night
Thank you! I'll be sending out your package today.

Reactions: Callum and Neebles
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots