• Bat-Safe

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Concrete/tiled floor

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Skewp

Reactions
Hi guys.

How do You mostly store the batteries? Just keep them laying around or any safer solutions? I have heard that the Bat-Safe is a pretty safe bet and according to this test it should also be OK with Mavic sized batteries:

Ammo boxes are also pretty popular, also just keeping them on the concrete floor.

Reactions: OleCoot73
I have yet to look into this but has been on my mind for awhile now.

I don’t think storing batteries requires any sort of special care. Charging is another story. If just storing your batteries was a hazard, every single one of the millions of batteries in warehouses and store shelves across the world would be in some sort of protective bag.

Also important is the charge state you store them. My impression is that a full battery is the most dangerous one to store. I usually store mine at 40 - 70% charged. Most batteries ship with only a partial charge.

Reactions: Ramboat and MaviP
Also important is the charge state you store them. My impression is that a full battery is the most dangerous one to store. I usually store mine at 40 - 70% charged. Most batteries ship with only a partial charge.

Thanks for the reply. I have also heard that batteries should be kept at ~50% when stored. Also the life of a Lipo battery is shortened if it's often kept 100% charged for long periods of time.

OMG , people store your batteries in a fire proof case please if not using for a period of time.
Like a LiPo Guard case, get them on amazon cheap ! this stuff really does happen, I guess if you dont
own a home it might not matter when it burns down LOL

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje