DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Story I saw last night, UK drone rescue

MAvic_South_Oz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Did a search, couldn't see this story, and although back in July thought it was of interest.

My FIL showed me this Police 999 segment from the BBC channel yesterday, about a walker who was near death (hypothermic), and a drone was brought in from local Police squad and found him very fast.

In the BBC video, it showed what I think was a Matrice 200, showed actual S&R footage, even the first time he was spotted, and they were using a normal camera.
I suppose Flir camera would be limited use when someones head / shoulders is all that is above a bog, and they are hypothermic.

I searched Google > bbc drone rescue story video man bog < and there are many good news drone stories in the results.
Good to see more of them, and it was bound to happen as they are so good for this sort of work.

Great to see such a strongly drone positive write up. Glad the victim is OK.

He was very lucky, for someone 75 he did pretty good for that long out there, could kill a younger person too.

Strange how if a drone causes disruption its on all news for weeks but when one saves a life it hardly gets any coverage.

Selective news, whatever gets the news service the most views I guess.

I see in the news here in Australia this extinction rebellion mob are threatening to disrupt major airports with drones, unless politicians take immediate action on climate.
That will get some guaranteed news coverage. :( ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest