DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange behavior after firmware update

chipbl

Reactions
Hey folks, did a search on issues with the FW update for the MM2, didn't see anything specific to what I'm experiencing. I did the update but now I'm noticing drift. Test flying right above my head (iPhone 10S controller) with full satellite coverage and no wind. Seems to randomly drift around, which it never did before. Secondly, I noticed some random jerking or twitching while in hover. Did a check for any obvious mechanical issues, seems ok. Anyone else experiencing any of this after the FW update?

Hey folks, did a search on issues with the FW update for the MM2, didn't see anything specific to what I'm experiencing. I did the update but now I'm noticing drift. Test flying right above my head (iPhone 10S controller) with full satellite coverage and no wind. Seems to randomly drift around, which it never did before. Secondly, I noticed some random jerking or twitching while in hover. Did a check for any obvious mechanical issues, seems ok. Anyone else experiencing any of this after the FW update?
It's not going to be related to updating firmware.
How far is it it drifting?
How high is the drone when you observe this?
Perhaps the issue is that you are low enough for the VPS sensors to be trying to help hold position, but the ground doesn't provide a suitable surface?

All good points. Biggest thing is that it's just different behavior. For example, before I would stand on my deck with the drone hovering out over the grass, probably 12' from the ground holding steady. Now, it will drift around about a foot in random directions. Ran it to 125' and can't really see much and I don't feel like there's an impending flyaway. Your last point is worth investigating, maybe it picked up a deck rail or something. But the twitching (nose downward) is also new.

Last edited:
Now, it will drift around about a foot in random directions.
Drift of +/- one foot is normal and well within specs.
Hovering Accuracy Range
Vertical: ±0.1 m (with VPS), ±0.5 m (with GPS Positioning)
Horizontal: ±0.3 m (with VPS), ±1.5 m (with GPS Positioning)

All three of my Mini-2s hover perfectly, never drifting even 6 inches in any direction. They wiggle and squirm in high winds, but they never drift.

I update to new firmware whenever it's available.

TCS

That's what I'm trying to get back to. The only thing I can think of is swapping out the props; it's been a few months since I've flown.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada