DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

strange behavior from my MPP

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
went out flying today no issues, mav flew as it always has for the past year, only managed to fly a couple of batts before life got in the way,and had to get home to deal with it so i still had three batts charged up ready to go.

it was a great evening warm no wind, so i decided to go to my local flying spot, and get a nice vid of the sunset.
all went well set everything up got to the enter device part in the app switched on the mav got the usual buzz from the controller but when the screen picture came on, it showed all the camera settings as NA the camera would not respond to any of the controls and it was saying no SD card when i tried to format it.
turned everything off changed the SD card and tried again same result by now the sun was setting.
back home tried everything again even put a brand new SD card in same result camera not responding saying no SD card ,
only one thing to do delete the app and start again, bingo after doing this it all works fine, checked all the SD cards and they all formatted as normal,

sometimes there is no explanation for these glitches i certainly dont have one but if anyone has any ideas i would be glad to hear them,

sorry if it is a bit of a read but i was hoping that if someone has a similar problem then this might help them resolve it.

Reactions: Bill combs
went out flying today no issues, mav flew as it always has for the past year, only managed to fly a couple of batts before life got in the way,and had to get home to deal with it so i still had three batts charged up ready to go.

it was a great evening warm no wind, so i decided to go to my local flying spot, and get a nice vid of the sunset.
all went well set everything up got to the enter device part in the app switched on the mav got the usual buzz from the controller but when the screen picture came on, it showed all the camera settings as NA the camera would not respond to any of the controls and it was saying no SD card when i tried to format it.
turned everything off changed the SD card and tried again same result by now the sun was setting.
back home tried everything again even put a brand new SD card in same result camera not responding saying no SD card ,
only one thing to do delete the app and start again, bingo after doing this it all works fine, checked all the SD cards and they all formatted as normal,

sometimes there is no explanation for these glitches i certainly dont have one but if anyone has any ideas i would be glad to hear them,

sorry if it is a bit of a read but i was hoping that if someone has a similar problem then this might help them resolve it.
From time to time I have seeming glitch with my M2P and/ or my CS. I think it just happens during loading/startup sometimes. I have not found any issue to be repetitive, nor do I find this kind of error frequent. So I made the decision to restart everything if one of these occurs... Seems to work fine doing this over the last 8-9 months.
That said, your problem was more persistent. I agree with what you did, and would do the same.
Hopefully it won’t be a recurrent problem for you!

Reactions: old man mavic
From time to time I have seeming glitch with my M2P and/ or my CS. I think it just happens during loading/startup sometimes. I have not found any issue to be repetitive, nor do I find this kind of error frequent. So I made the decision to restart everything if one of these occurs... Seems to work fine doing this over the last 8-9 months.
That said, your problem was more persistent. I agree with what you did, and would do the same.
Hopefully it won’t be a recurrent problem for you!
i know what you mean i guess its best not to overthink it,it was my first such issue and it seems from the info on this forum that the easiest way to resolve it is to delete the app and start again it has not changed my feelings for my MPP i still love the way it flies and am very happy with my ownership of it for the last year

i know what you mean i guess its best not to overthink it,it was my first such issue and it seems from the info on this forum that the easiest way to resolve it is to delete the app and start again it has not changed my feelings for my MPP i still love the way it flies and am very happy with my ownership of it for the last year
Agree... it’s a great and proven drone! Love mine.

ALWAYS have spare SD cards - M2P has the emergency 8GB internal.
We live and learn....

Onward and upward.

Complicated system.
Better to have these little bugs rear their ugly heads on the ground than with spinning props.
We can wish for perfection but reality says probably not.

I had my first in flight glitch with the Go4 app last night. I was flying around home practicing shooting video and got the edge of a sparsely leafed tree between me and my Mavic Pro. When it didn't reappear in 2 or 3 seconds as I thought it should I let the roll/pitch stick center. I looked down at my tablet screen. The screen didn't show what I was expecting as a view point so I used the yaw to try to get oriented. At that point I realized the screen was frozen on the last frame taken, closer inspection showed I had a disconnect. Started to get a bit nervous but since I was able to hear the drone when it turned and that the sound was constant now, I realized I still had control of the drone, just no video feed and no LOS, so I did a RTH until I regained LOS and moved close to home and hovered. Before I could close the app and restart it I got a low battery alarm so landed. I wanted to get the app restarted so I left the drone on. When it restarted I got a instruction page on how to prepare a drone for flight. No doubt in the excitement I pushed the wrong button I thought, and shut the drone off, low Batt after all. Went inside to restart the app and got a version mismatch error. also a message that a new fly safe data base was available, which I had Ignored before the flight. At this point I shut everything down the Go 4 app, the controller and the drone was already off. With a fresh battery in the drone I started everything in DJI recommended sequence. Remote, Aircraft and plugged in tablet with the Go4 app started. Got the new database message again and downloaded it. The version mismatch error was gone and the video feed was normal. Should I Delete and Reload the Go4 app before I make a test flight? I was in range of my wifi so would have been linked up. Could that have " distracted" the CPU of my tablet long enough to to cause a glitch in the Go4 app, it does have an effect on my other tablet when playing over a USB connection to a Digital to Analog Converter. Turning off the wifi in that case is a must. Should I turn of the wifi link before I take off?

Last edited:
thats interesting after i had deleted and reloaded the app, i had new flysafe data base available, but it did not show up on the original app screen when the issue arose, maybe that is what caused my problem ,it interrupted the drones normal inisherlisation process, before the camera had chance to connect to the controller and ipad thanks for the info

Strange things seem to happen when DJI does an update (NFZ). Once the software is loaded, the gremlin(s) go away. Cause and effect? It's happened EACH time I delay installing a DJI update for the past year on my M2P

there’s a phrase for what you went through “**** happens” lol somethings cannot be explained.

sure does and always when you really need it to work perfectly

Strange things seem to happen when DJI does an update (NFZ). Once the software is loaded, the gremlin(s) go away. Cause and effect? It's happened EACH time I delay installing a DJI update for the past year on my M2P
I got the version mismatch warning again on a clean startup, figured this time it must be legit so I did the update. This time it appeared to be the Go4 app that updated. Then I went out and had a trouble free flight.

I also got the mismatch warning this afternoon - they must have had something to push out. I hate wasting a freshly charged battery doing updates...

Reactions: Thomas B
flew today with no issues got through 5 batteries without a hitch

Just one minor difference I would have done first to see if it might be software or hardware related is use one of my other apps such as Litchi. If the camera & everything works fine there & not the DJI app then you've got your culprit. Doesn't work on multiple apps then it would be hardware related.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots