DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange behaviour of Mavic 2 Pro in Quick Shot Profile

brownadb

Reactions
Just wondered if anyone can shed any light on why my Mavic 2 Pro decided to rush forward and then fly backwards onto a subject in a Quick Shot Profile mode? The subject was a person walking along a track with a line of trees as a backdrop. I set the Mavic 2 Pro to do a Quick Shot Profile about 10m away and expected the craft to gently fly sideways whilst recording the subject. Instead it flew fast forward toward the subject followed by a quick flight backwards. It did this a couple of times before I cancelled the Quick Shot fearing it would do some further strange movements. It then flew quite normally under manual control afterwards. The compass was calibrated beforehand with good GPS signal and a green box around the subject. Therefore, I am a little confused as to why it behaved in this strange way.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sure, will do. Just need to get them off my iPad but Mac wants to delete everything on iPad in order to trust it first. Presumably the logs are on the craft too?

... Presumably the logs are on the craft too?

Yes it's logs there too, but they will be encrypted in the same moment as you offload them through DJI Assistant 2 & can only be read by DJI staff.

You will need the TXT & the DAT log stored in the mobile device you flew with ... preferable the DAT log as we are speaking of an automated flight. Read up here on how to retrieve --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide (read under section 3.)

Hi,

I have now managed to get the flight logs off the iPad using a third party application which are now attached. As you will see the area of interest starts at point J in the flight at 4:26 when I changed the mode to Active Track. At 4:51 I cancelled the Quick Shot and took over manually as the craft was not doing what I expected and then landed it in case it did anything else unexpected. You will see the forward and reverse actions and movement sideways by the craft during the Active Track mode between points J and I. One thing I am not sure about though is the Mode of Detour but no warnings came up on the App as far as I am aware, was this anything to do with the odd action by the craft?

Hope this gives enough to shed some light on what was going on.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-30_[14-56-33].txt
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 2020-08-30 14_56_38-163CH5ER0A15W2.dat
    210 bytes · Views: 1
Hi,

I have now managed to get the flight logs off the iPad using a third party application which are now attached. As you will see the area of interest starts at point J in the flight at 4:26 when I changed the mode to Active Track. At 4:51 I cancelled the Quick Shot and took over manually as the craft was not doing what I expected and then landed it in case it did anything else unexpected. You will see the forward and reverse actions and movement sideways by the craft during the Active Track mode between points J and I. One thing I am not sure about though is the Mode of Detour but no warnings came up on the App as far as I am aware, was this anything to do with the odd action by the craft?

Hope this gives enough to shed some light on what was going on.

Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately & as I suspected, the TXT log doesn't give any info about the reason ... it only confirms the flight telemetrics. The DAT log can possibly give more insights during this automated flight.

The DAT log you have attached is the wrong one ... the correct one ends with FLY057.DAT & should be in a subfolder, MCDatFlightRecords, in the folder that contains the TXT logs.

No, nothing else exists besides the mobile device DAT log that isn't encrypted ... the reason for your subfolder MCDatFlightRecords being empty can be the version of your remote controller. It's a known fact that the RC version RC1B prevent the DAT to be created ... with version RC1A it isn't any problem, check this thread out --> Mavic 2 pro's POSSIBLY not writing .DAT files to the phone but Mavic 2 Zoom does.. Which one do you have?

OK, that would figure then. Yes I have an RC1B!

I guess that means if there is an issue with any flight it would be practically impossible to determine the cause using these controllers. I wonder if DJI will get around to fixing what therefore appears to be bug?

Thanks for all the info.

Reactions: slup
I know only DJI can read the logs on the craft but interestingly I can't get any flight logs out of that either with DJI Assistant 2, it just comes up with "Failed to get log list" (picture attached). Anyone else had this or I am doing something wrong in DJI Assistant?

Thanks.

Attachments

• dji assistant 2.0.14.png
    dji assistant 2.0.14.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members