DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

strange buzz noise at the end of gimbal startup procedure.

paganmuzak

Reactions
Hi everyone, I noticed this buzz at the end of the mavic's gimbal startup procedure.
It's the sound you hear at the end of the video, I raised a little volume to make it more noticeable.
Someone can tell me if it's normal.
Thanks in advance.
R

Reactions: wowography
Hi Did you figure out what this noise is? I have the same issue. It only just started doing it. Ive used the Mavic around 10 times now.

Thanks

Hi all,
I have the same sound for like 8 months now, since I got my new Mavic directly from DJI.
DJI support did not give me any clarification, they only said that I should send it back. But I decided to send my Mavic to the local repair shop, which is listed on DJI’s site.
They performed a free diagnostics, and did not find any issues.
About the gimbal noise, they said that this is ok, something like “determining of the gimbal motors maximum power limit”, I really did not get this line well:(
And also they tell me that this feature was not present in old firmwares, that is only related to new ones, where you can see something like “gimbal startup optimization” or something like this in release notes.
Also, they said that it’s not affecting the performance of the gimbal and camera. Some vibration and jelly effect may appear if gimbal is reaching it’s maximum angles, or may be caused by wind or air flow from props at certain angles.
I don’t see any reason why they want to lie to me, as I wanted this to be fixed for money, and their clarification sounded pretty logical to me.
And to finally get this question to the end, I asked two local Mavic Pro owners to check this, but they didn’t answer yet.

Plus, the guys from local shop sent me a video with brand new Mavic Pro, and this buzz was present after initialization too.
So I almost 100% sure that there is nothing to worry about, and due to my flight experience, this buzzing is really did not affect anything but my curious mind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929