DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange disconnection & SD card issue

skunky1

Reactions
So I setup a waypoint mission.

Everything was going well when suddenly there was a warning that my internal storage was low and I should switch to SD card.

Now bear in mind that my internal storage was empty and the SD card was in from takeoff.

Just when I confirmed to use the SD card the screen went grey and the drone was disconnected. No prior warning.
I was not far off maybe 100 m.

I closed the app and reopened but the app now wouldn’t connect to the drone. Fortunately the waypoint was set to end with RTH and the drone landed safely.

When I came back home I noted that the internal storage was indeed empty and all the footage was stored on the SD card.

Whilst the drone was connected to my computer and controller the app said SD card not inserted. But I didn’t touch it.
I put in another SD card which was also not recognized. When I switch the drone and app off and back on then the SD card was identified.

I wonder why this happened and if the SD card issue somehow made the drone disconnect.

Any ideas ?

The SD card needs to be working 100% or unexpected problems can arise and not just with recording.
You should be formatting the card in the drone - rather than just deleting the files.
If it's not that I'd be trying another card they are cheap enough if you don't have another already.

I've had a similar problem with my M2P and SC. While flying I suddenly got the aircraft disconnect message. The first time it happened the screen went black and I was able to visually fly the drone back home. Today it happened and the screen froze. Fortunately I was able to see it and RTH. Makes me wonder if it would have RTH had the SC completely stopped working.

I've had a similar problem with my M2P and SC. While flying I suddenly got the aircraft disconnect message. The first time it happened the screen went black and I was able to visually fly the drone back home. Today it happened and the screen froze. Fortunately I was able to see it and RTH. Makes me wonder if it would have RTH had the SC completely stopped working.

Ok. I was on a waypoint and I didn’t touch the sticks and just waited for it to RTH.

Did you try closing and reopening the Go4 app?

So I setup a waypoint mission.

Everything was going well when suddenly there was a warning that my internal storage was low and I should switch to SD card.

Now bear in mind that my internal storage was empty and the SD card was in from takeoff.

Just when I confirmed to use the SD card the screen went grey and the drone was disconnected. No prior warning.
I was not far off maybe 100 m.

I closed the app and reopened but the app now wouldn’t connect to the drone. Fortunately the waypoint was set to end with RTH and the drone landed safely.

When I came back home I noted that the internal storage was indeed empty and all the footage was stored on the SD card.

Whilst the drone was connected to my computer and controller the app said SD card not inserted. But I didn’t touch it.
I put in another SD card which was also not recognized. When I switch the drone and app off and back on then the SD card was identified.

I wonder why this happened and if the SD card issue somehow made the drone disconnect.

Any ideas ?
Not sure if it’s the same thing but ever since the last update I’ve been getting strange warnings about internal storage being used up on SC.
But when I go look There’s really nothing in internal storage at least nowhere near capacity

The first time I cleared cash and switched to SD not that I was really storing anything with internal memory.
I did not experience any issues with the flight however.

Not sure if it’s the same thing but ever since the last update I’ve been getting strange warnings about internal storage being used up on SC.
But when I go look There’s really nothing in internal storage at least nowhere near capacity

The first time I cleared cash and switched to SD not that I was really storing anything with internal memory.
I did not experience any issues with the flight however.

I think it’s related. I rolled back the firmware and removed the SD card and will see how it goes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost