DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange M2Pro video quality issue.

Reactions
Dear M2P owners, I ran into a strange video quality problem in the past 2-3 months, if someone experienced the same, please help me, because it drives me mad.
I am a photographer, videographer and had about 300 flights with my drone, so ( hopefully ) it is not a simple stupid mistake I made. I am suspecting some system glitch....

In short: video quality randomly drops pretty badly, resulting like a lower bitrate, mushy detailed clip, although I use the same highest quality ( 4K, d-log, 1/50shutter, 25 fps )
I've made a video about it with details and example shots.

Many thanks in advance !

Are you using the best SD card with the highest bitrate the drone can handle? It might not be the drone itself, but the card's ability to write as fast as the drone would like it to. Just spitballing.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
I use 2 cards, worked flawlessly for a year... but it could be an option, yes... but one of my expert friends told me that a card either works or not... and the clip infos show the same resolution, mode and bitrates. One strange thing: I see way less contrast and shadows and blacks on the questioned clips.

What ASA are you shooting at? ND filters? Have you tried a new Ultra High speed SD card? When you says video drops, are you saying one clip from another, or in the middle of a clip?
So many variables possible.

I use 2 cards, worked flawlessly for a year... but it could be an option, yes... but one of my expert friends told me that a card either works or not... and the clip infos show the same resolution, mode and bitrates. One strange thing: I see way less contrast and shadows and blacks on the questioned clips.
When was the last time you did a low level format on the card? IMO I would want the "cleanest" card for my camera to write on so there aren't any delays as the sensor looks for empty bits to write data. I often reformat my cards in the computer so I know the old data is gone and all that's left is a clean open space to be written on. In the original days of digital capture, it was a rule that one never deletes files, but off-loads them and then formats the cards. Again, just spitballin'.

Reactions: dronemagics.com
Are you using the best SD card with the highest bitrate the drone can handle? It might not be the drone itself, but the card's ability to write as fast as the drone would like it to. Just spitballing.
Professional cinematographer (Philip Bloom) reckons a minimum write speed for 4K recording should be 100mbps. The appropriate microSD would be a V90. Most popular microSD's are V30's. The manufacturers packaging is misleading because the big number printed on the blister pack card is the READ speed. This is an easy mistake to make when buying a memory card. Search Amazon for LEXAR V90 and you'll find what you're looking for.

Reactions: flyingbackwards
Professional cinematographer (Philip Bloom) reckons a minimum write speed for 4K recording should be 100mbps. The appropriate microSD would be a V90. Most popular microSD's are V30's. The manufacturers packaging is misleading because the big number printed on the blister pack card is the READ speed. This is an easy mistake to make when buying a memory card. Search Amazon for LEXAR V90 and you'll find what you're looking for.
Almost half a year passed by and still no perfect solution. I've already made many tests, tried four different Mavic2 Pro's, but the issue still happens randomly. But thanks, this card probably worth a try... although M2p uses "only" 100mbps, comparing to mini3P: 150mps, or Mavic 3- 200mps, 100mbit/s equals 12.5MByte/s, so a v30 card should work fine since it promises 85 MB/s write speed. EVen if it is a max speed, and in real life it is slower, still should handle the M2P bitrate....

Last edited:
This is a good card to use (SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO)I found and cheaper now. Also never get a card over 128gb for this drone. Amazon.com

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy