DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange red flashes in video footage?

deepakvrao

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Just noticed that I got some strange red flashes in the video recording. Clearly visible at 23, 32 and 52 seconds.
Any idea why?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Guys,

Just noticed that I got some strange red flashes in the video recording. Clearly visible at 23, 32 and 52 seconds.
Any idea why?

Thanks for any help.

It’s just lens flare, you will get it just about anytime you point a camera towards the sun. Its usually best to avoid shooting towards the sun but you could get a lens hood to minimize the flare if / when you need to.

@Airbeaver has the answers for the reason and possible fix. The hood might help but will put you over the 250 grams limit. I'm just chiming in to say WOW to the quality if that is a mini recording and flying that stable in that wind. Was enjoying watching the trees blow when I realized that it was a mini shooting it. Impressive!

@Airbeaver has the answers for the reason and possible fix. The hood might help but will put you over the 250 grams limit. I'm just chiming in to say WOW to the quality if that is a mini recording and flying that stable in that wind. Was enjoying watching the trees blow when I realized that it was a mini shooting it. Impressive!

Wanaka, New Zealand. Yesterday the winds were strong enough that we called off our hike half way up. I think it crossed 60-70kmph. Today, when I recorded this, it felt like 25kmph. That's a guestimate, but being a cyclist, I have a fair idea of wind conditions.

Thanks both for the help.

Lucky you were shielded by the tree line, any higher and you would have lost your MM.

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf