DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange Red Image Saturation

flyNfrank

Reactions
This is a image of the ipad screen with the GO4 app. I took the image using a smartphone. The red whatever it is has been showing up on the ipad screen for the past 4-5 days at least. I'm guessing it has been there since upgrading to the 4.0.4.

This red appears on everything from beginning to end of flight. But it does not appear on the recorded video taken during the flight. Tonight I went through all video capture settings and nothing removed it except getting the shutter down to the same as the frame rate. And the iso setting had to be just right as well.

At this point I'm going to try and remove the GO4 app from the ipad completely and load a fresh install to see if something might have gotten corrupt some how? I tried searching a little online but didn't have any luck.

mavrash.jpg

Reactions: butterflyslicer
4wd has left the beauty of the New York Moors long enough to tell you right. To add to his post, you can also adjust just how much red (focus indication) you see, if any. As 4wd stated, you can just turn it off.

Reactions: RC Mantis
Ok so that is good news since it means something is not messed up. Where is this function located? I couldn't find it by just looking through the app with the a/c & r/c not powered up.

Ok so that is good news since it means something is not messed up. Where is this function located? I couldn't find it by just looking through the app with the a/c & r/c not powered up.

You need to power everything up and be connected to make the adjustments to this focusing feature. Once powered up, go to the DJIGO4 App. Click the three dots at the upper right of your display, which opens the General Settings page. Below the slider switch for "Enable Hardware Decoding," (which shoud be turned on) is the Peak Focus Threshold setting. Depending what firmware you're running your 3 choices will either be in percentages or, if using the latest update, will give a choice of low, normal and high. The higher you set the setting, the more pronounced the red focusing lines become. You don't want the lines to overwhelm your display or distract you. You want them to assist you in getting perfect in-focus shots, as everything outlined in the red will definitely be in focus.

Using a phone or other device in the sun, etc., one could easily mistakenly think the footage they've shot is in focus only to get it home and realize you were a little off. Using these red lines properly, as designed, totally takes the guesswork out of the equation and assures you your focusing is spot on to avoid disappointments after flying. Once you use it and get accustomed to it, and see the results for yourself, you will quickly realize the benefits of it.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

You need to power everything up and be connected to make the adjustments to this focusing feature. Once powered up, go to the DJIGO4 App. Click the three dots at the upper right of your display, which opens the General Settings page. Below the slider switch for "Enable Hardware Decoding," (which shoud be turned on) is the Peak Focus Threshold setting. Depending what firmware you're running your 3 choices will either be in percentages or, if using the latest update, will give a choice of low, normal and high. The higher you set the setting, the more pronounced the red focusing lines become. You don't want the lines to overwhelm your display or distract you. You want them to assist you in getting perfect in-focus shots, as everything outlined in the red will definitely be in focus.

Using a phone or other device in the sun, etc., one could easily mistakenly think the footage they've shot is in focus only to get it home and realize you were a little off. Using these red lines properly, as designed, totally takes the guesswork out of the equation and assures you your focusing is spot on to avoid disappointments after flying. Once you use it and get accustomed to it, and see the results for yourself, you will quickly realize the benefits of it.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Wow...now that was a response!

I'm using the 4.0.4 GO4 app. I could be wrong, but it seems like there is less red when set on High. It does focus more frequently on High though.

Wow...now that was a response!

I'm using the 4.0.4 GO4 app. I could be wrong, but it seems like there is less red when set on High. It does focus more frequently on High though.

I was going from memory, so I may have described incorrectly the line size going from high to low instead of low to high; didn't have my gear with me. But the process, at least, was correct.

Yeah, now that I look at it, I guess it WAS a kind of exhaustive response. Comes from living in the woods for too long by myself!

I was going from memory, so I may have described incorrectly the line size going from high to low instead of low to high; didn't have my gear with me. But the process, at least, was correct.

Yeah, now that I look at it, I guess it WAS a kind of exhaustive response. Comes from living in the woods for too long by myself!

And to think I watch shows on tv like that all the time with people being out in the woods, or living in the woods off the grid.

Subscribing to this topic, until I can check mine out
800f2f72e186cb9aef21267cf16d37b6.jpg

Having the same issue

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent