DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange thing happened today!

Paul QM

Reactions
Strange thing happened today when I was going to fly 3.9 miles to the southeast of Glasgow airport at a place called Crookston castle.

As this is my first post:

A wee bit of background info about me first, I am a professional photographer and I have been flying radio controlled aircraft in and around Glasgow, Scotland for over 30 years mostly helicopters but fixed wing as well.

Today I setup and calibrated using Go4 I got the flight restriction warning and as I have no internet on my tablet I came out and then went into leichi to do an orbital flight of the Castle. I flew over the castle which was 60m away and set my point of interest and position and saved then came back to swap batteries to do the flight. On swapping batteries and connecting my controller I went into Leichi and found my flight was restricted to the 30m I rebooted my full system and on reboot and connection I receiver a joystick calibration error to which no matter what I did would not go away and would not calibrate. I had to abandon the days shoot.

On coming home which is 500m outside the Glasgow Airport enhanced warning zone as set by DJI, I turned on the Mavic and no longer had any joystick problems nor needed to calibrate?

Any views or suggestions on this issue are welcome?

Paul...

PS I am ready to return my 6 week old Mavic as not fit for purpose due to these unreasonable restrictions.

Currently every time you power off the Mavic to swap batteries or whatever, you have to launch the DJI Go app, make sure you're logged into your DJI account, then quit out of Go, start Litchi and you should be good. The next update to Litchi is supposed to fix this.

Strange thing happened today when I was going to fly 3.9 miles to the southeast of Glasgow airport at a place called Crookston castle.

As this is my first post:

A wee bit of background info about me first, I am a professional photographer and I have been flying radio controlled aircraft in and around Glasgow, Scotland for over 30 years mostly helicopters but fixed wing as well.

Today I setup and calibrated using Go4 I got the flight restriction warning and as I have no internet on my tablet I came out and then went into leichi to do an orbital flight of the Castle. I flew over the castle which was 60m away and set my point of interest and position and saved then came back to swap batteries to do the flight. On swapping batteries and connecting my controller I went into Leichi and found my flight was restricted to the 30m I rebooted my full system and on reboot and connection I receiver a joystick calibration error to which no matter what I did would not go away and would not calibrate. I had to abandon the days shoot.

On coming home which is 500m outside the Glasgow Airport enhanced warning zone as set by DJI, I turned on the Mavic and no longer had any joystick problems nor needed to calibrate?

Any views or suggestions on this issue are welcome?

Paul...

PS I am ready to return my 6 week old Mavic as not fit for purpose due to these unreasonable restrictions.
Drop me a pm if you'd like to know a way you can keep and enjoy your mavic safely

You were only in an Enhanced Warning zone, so you should not have needed an internet connection to lift the restriction... ?

As soon as Litchi updates to use DJI SDK 4.1 or higher it will be able to remove flight restrictions without the need for the Go app as mentioned above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61