DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

strange things going on?

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
just wanted to pass this on in case it ever happens to you
so as some of you will know in my thread titled (good news at last) i got my extra battery for my MM
so because i plan to fly the MM tomorrow i charged up all 4 batts and then as i do before a days flying
connect everything up and make sure it all works ,and as happened i was expecting to have to update the new battery once it was in the drone
well i thought it would be a simple job that i had done on many occasions how wrong i was
so device on controller on controller connected turn on drone great wait and wait then up pops the message drone not connected
ok try again no luck controller can not link to drone alright i will do a linking attempt,after 3 goes no luck
so i think when has something similar happened with the MPP and it would not fly due to the SD card
so in goes a new card and low and behold it all works as it should i formatted the new card turned everything off and did one more start up no issues
so if you ever have a similar issue try changing the SD card you never know

I’ve had this happen. I think it was the Spark, or Air. i Can’t believe the micro SD can cause problems, but apparently they doo.

so as some of you will know in my thread titled (good news at last) i got my extra battery for my MM
so because i plan to fly the MM tomorrow i charged up all 4 batts and then as i do before a days flying
connect everything up and make sure it all works ,and as happened i was expecting to have to update the new battery once it was in the drone
well i thought it would be a simple job that i had done on many occasions how wrong i was
so device on controller on controller connected turn on drone great wait and wait then up pops the message drone not connected
ok try again no luck controller can not link to drone alright i will do a linking attempt,after 3 goes no luck
so i think when has something similar happened with the MPP and it would not fly due to the SD card
so in goes a new card and low and behold it all works as it should i formatted the new card turned everything off and did one more start up no issues
Spooky!

Good observation and correction. Those pesky SD cards require their attention also. Thanks for sharing. 4 batteries will keep you in the field for a while longer. Enjoy your flying.

That is a very good reason to carry extra SD cards when you are in the field. If you only had the one card in the AC you would have to go home that day. Thanks for the heads up. I wonder about that card. Can it be formatted at home, and then used again, or will you have that problem with that SD card every time?

Reactions: old man mavic
yes the time it happened with my MPP i was out in the sticks and did not have a spare card so my whole day was ruined,and the annoying part about it is when i got home and put the card in the computer and completely erased all the data on it and then tried it in the MPP it worked and allowed me to format it and i am still using it,as you can imagine it was a lesson learned and i always have spare ones with me now and i always check all is ok before i go out to fly

Reactions: Capt KO and Mac Man
yes the time it happened with my MPP i was out in the sticks and did not have a spare card so my whole day was ruined,and the annoying part about it is when i got home and put the card in the computer and completely erased all the data on it and then tried it in the MPP it worked and allowed me to format it and i am still using it,as you can imagine it was a lesson learned and i always have spare ones with me now and i always check all is ok before i go out to fly
Another reason to love the Air - built in 8Gb. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

Reactions: The Editor
Thanks for the follow up.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s