DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange white line in frame

Mr Grinch

Reactions
So I've been noticing as I'm flying there's a white line in the frame in my bottom left corner. I just wondered if this was a known design issue with the clear gimble cover or did I get s daily one? I have tried with the cover off and the line isn't present but I prefer to keep the camera protected as much as possible. Is that not an option?

Flying with the gimbal cover on is never the best option for filming and can produce any number of undesired optical effects.

It was never intended to be used for filming but as a storage/transport protection device.

The image degradation caused by the cover is a bad trade off for small amount of protection it would offer in a crash.

What ascot the other cover? The slotted one? And what's the purpose of the silicon piece? Is the silicon just essentially a sissy cover and will that slotted piece offer any protection in a crash or interfere with video?

What ascot the other cover? The slotted one? And what's the purpose of the silicon piece? Is the silicon just essentially a sissy cover and will that slotted piece offer any protection in a crash or interfere with video?
I think the silicon cover just gives a bit more protection from scratching when in storage. As for the slotted one, I’m not that familiar,

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut