DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STRAW POLL - MAVIC 2 SIGNAL DROPOUTS

Felix le Chat

Reactions
All those who still regularly use the Mavic 2 series, do you suffer with regular video feed and control signal dropouts while using the 2.4ghz transmission frequency? Even when the distance between the drone and the controller is less than 100 feet regardless of whether the environment is urban or rural.

When you manually switch TX up to 5.8ghz, does the control signal become as reliable as the 2.4ghz frequency used to be?

Did the problems with 2.4ghz signal begin after you updated the firmware to *.**.0770?

I have an M2 Pro. Purchased it on the day it was released. I do not recall ever having experienced a video dropout. I also fly an Inspire 2 and it is terrible with smearing and all sorts of issues. Some days worse than others.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
I've experienced occasional dropouts, but as a rule, nah--I'm flying mostly interference free. I don't manually select transmission band and always update firmware.

The times I've had that kind of trouble, it was always linked to location.

Chris

an Inspire 2 and it is terrible with smearing and all sorts of issues. Some days worse than others.
I also had what you describe. Turned out to be an antenna that someone tried to repair a broken wire and their soldering skills were lacking. Replaced the antenna in the leg and totally solved those issues.
I have not seen any of the M2 issues described in the original post. I have several M2 Pro/Zoom that I continue flying.

I also had what you describe. Turned out to be an antenna that someone tried to repair a broken wire and their soldering skills were lacking. Replaced the antenna in the leg and totally solved those issues.
I have not seen any of the M2 issues described in the original post. I have several M2 Pro/Zoom that I continue flying.
Tried everything short of a strip-down, so I'll take that advice and act on it. Thanks.

Tried everything short of a strip-down, so I'll take that advice and act on it. Thanks.
The clue that I had on my I2 was the problem was directional. Reception was fine when the aircraft was pointed in certain directions. As soon as the failed antenna was in line with the controller, signal would fail. All this at a distance of approximately 1400 feet. Distance out to around 1000 feet seemed acceptable, but beyond that was when the failure would occur. Once I determined the locations of each antenna(4 of them), I found the culprit. My guess is the previous owner sold it to me because of its lack of range issue and just didn’t think his soldering skills could be part of the equation. Would have been nice if he would have made me aware of all this prior to sale. It was rather time consuming.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143