DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe Light Placement

LEO_Pilot

Reactions
Hello Pilots,

I was looking to mount one of the Cree LED’s on the rear of the bird; on the compass sensor part, firing upwards. My question is, has anyone experienced any issues with placement on it? Any flying issues, due to it being mounted on the sensor part?

You really don't want anything over the "back, rear, topside, GPS sensor lives there. (unless you want ATTI mode)
I have one (red) just above the rear LED, one (white) on the very top front, and yes, 2 (white) in the "armpits" also. Thinking about going red/green...
Only use for evening flights, but the one on the top and abovce the rear LED is always there for every flight, day or evening.

Reactions: LEO_Pilot
You really don't want anything over the "back, rear, topside, GPS sensor lives there. (unless you want ATTI mode)
I have one (red) just above the rear LED, one (white) on the very top front, and yes, 2 (white) in the "armpits" also. Thinking about going red/green...
Only use for evening flights, but the one on the top and abovce the rear LED is always there for every flight, day or evening.

I kind of figured that. I did a test with placing one on top of the compass sensor, while watching the signal bars in the app. I did see that the bar was reduced, when moving the LED over them. Thank you for your response. I placed one of those Firehouse Technologies tri-color LED’s just above the green flashing status light, with velcro. Also, placed one Cree White LED on the bottom of the Mavic plate (just below the gimbal), also attached with velcro. In addition, bought those 3D print mounts for the front arms (red & green LED’s) This thing looks like a helicopter from a half a mile away.

Guess I was just looking for the extra visibility from the top, so aircraft could spot the drone easier. I could always mount some velcro on all four batteries?!?

Being as I NEVER fly high enough for an aircraft to be a threat, I wasn't worried about increasing visibility to any aircraft. I was only interested in increasing visibility for my own eyes, so I mounted mine on the rear, by the light, which faces it slightly downward (perfect angle) for visibility from my ground perspective.

Reactions: LEO_Pilot
Being as I NEVER fly high enough for an aircraft to be a threat, I wasn't worried about increasing visibility to any aircraft. I was only interested in increasing visibility for my own eyes, so I mounted mine on the rear, by the light, which faces it slightly downward (perfect angle) for visibility from my ground perspective.

That spot seems like one of the best places to mount it.

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
I agree. I will mount my new ARC II in the same spot.

someone is making 3D printed holders for the Strobon's that snap onto each arm and there is one that bridged the rear arms for the white anti collision strobe

Here are our mounts for the Firehouse ARC / ARC II, Strobon Cree (by Flytron), Flytron Standalone, Firehouse Cree, Firehouse Dual Cree. All our mounts are made with a rubbery filament and won't scratch the arms of your drone, they are also available in a grey that matches the Mavic Pro perfectly. We offer them for all DJI drones too Spark, Mavic Air, P3, P4, Inspire and all the way up to the Matrice series.

Firehouse Technology ARC / ARC II Rear Mount:

Firehouse Technology Dual Cree

Strobon Standalone by Flytron Mount:

Strobon Cree by Flytron Mount:

I have mavichelps version of the cree strobon led lights and mounts. 2 white on the front, 2 red on the back. Absolutely love them. I am never confused about where the aircraft is or where it is heading.

Reactions: msinger
Are any of these mounts available in the UK without having to spend enormous sums on postage?
I sell them internationally but unfortunately to ship any non-flat item via USPS shipping is about $14 minimum. I'm really sorry, I charge actual shipping costs. You can find them HERE

I simply place mine under the “armpits” with a small 3-4 inch piece of Velcro and have never had a problem.

EDIT: 3/4 inch not 3-4 inch.

Last edited:
I simply place mine under the “armpits” with a small 3-4 inch piece of Velcro and have never had a problem.

What are you sticking the velcro on with ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut