DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe light recommendations

I too am interested in strobes for the mini. Primarily one red and one green for front, and maybe one white for rear or bottom. Haven't decided if I want the white one yet.

Being new to drones, I'm not sure which ones would be best for a small drone such as the MM. I have been looking at the two led firehouse technology leds.

Where is the best place to mount a red and a green strobe on the front of a MM?

BTW, yes I will need to register with FAA if I add strobes. Not a big deal, because I will eventually have to register myself anyhow since I have a Skydio2 on order.

the only one that might be suitable at this time is the Lume Cube strobe anti collision light it is a single unit that has different coloured lenses and various strobe speeds plus continuous light go on the lume cube site and you will see it ,because of its design it should not impact on the MM performance to any great extent

Reactions: scooot
I've had good luck with cree Firehouse Tech lights for my Mavic Air. Lightweight, bright and USB rechargable.

Reactions: Skywalker
the only one that might be suitable at this time is the Lume Cube strobe anti collision light it is a single unit that has different coloured lenses and various strobe speeds plus continuous light go on the lume cube site and you will see it ,because of its design it should not impact on the MM performance to any great extent

But Lumecube is so heavy and large !!
Check specs compared to FHT range or Strobon.

Reactions: old man mavic
Being such a smaller drone you should look for a suitably sized strobe.
Without doubt the best performer the Firehouse ARCII are probably going to be too large for the mini.
Look at Firehouse Tech Dual, available in white, red, green.
Or even the Strobon single cree strobe.
As the mini won’t be getting flown too far in general, a one or two led strobe will give you plenty of VLOS.

Reactions: lowellton
I too am interested in strobes for the mini. Primarily one red and one green for front, and maybe one white for rear or bottom. Haven't decided if I want the white one yet.

Being new to drones, I'm not sure which ones would be best for a small drone such as the MM. I have been looking at the two led firehouse technology leds.

Where is the best place to mount a red and a green strobe on the front of a MM?

BTW, yes I will need to register with FAA if I add strobes. Not a big deal, because I will eventually have to register myself anyhow since I have a Skydio2 on order.
Firehouse

Maratac Strobe

I bought 2 sets of these to place on my FliteTest Super Cub.

They are pretty light and fairly bright.

Wow, cheap as chips !

I watched the video to try and find out about the battery, nothing mentioned.
200+ hours, is it rechargeable ?
Or a button type battery ?

They are a little large compared to most drone strobes, eg a FHT Dual is the size of a small postage stamp.
But they could be some peoples answer to an economical option, maybe on larger drones though.

If people just want improved VLOS on the Mavic Mini, maybe just go for one white (the brightest of the leds), and place on rear if possible.
You can yaw around once slowly if you need to find it in the sky.

yes....I own a small set, and the large set.

either of them is worth the money.

I did a night training (DSAR ) with a group I am associated with, (night wavier from FAA) last weekend in Alabama

the drone in the video is my drone. and the landing pad is built and design by me. one of a kind.
motion sensors led lights power by a 12 vdc rechargable battey.

My landing pad, also.

fire house Arc 4 lights on my drone.

https://www.youtube.com › watch › v=Mw6OpuPNjZ8

Last edited:
But Lumecube is so heavy and large !!
Check specs compared to FHT range or Strobon.
the one i am on about is a very small lightweight unit and is very bright and it is FAA approved for visibility over 3 statute miles i have one for my MPP mounted on the top to go with my strobon cree ones that are mounted on the front arms

Firehouse do include a little self sticking valcro in the package. that you can used to attach the lights to the drone.

Wow, cheap as chips !

I watched the video to try and find out about the battery, nothing mentioned.
200+ hours, is it rechargeable ?
Or a button type battery ?

They are a little large compared to most drone strobes, eg a FHT Dual is the size of a small postage stamp.
But they could be some peoples answer to an economical option, maybe on larger drones though.

If people just want improved VLOS on the Mavic Mini, maybe just go for one white (the brightest of the leds), and place on rear if possible.
You can yaw around once slowly if you need to find it in the sky.

They utilize a button-style battery that is not rechargeable. It's essentially disposable as it's in a sealed pouch. The strobe has a 3M peel/stick strip that is fairly stout.

I suppose you could remove the electronics from the pouch to save on weight and get to the battery but might not be worth it.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Firehouse Tech "Arc II": measure 1" by 1.5" ,weigh 6 gms, 6+ hour run time. Rechargeable 240mRH LiPo battery. Cree LED. Bright, good visiblity. Comes with velcro, just attach, turn on and ready to go. They also make a smaller, lighter one. I use them on my MA. I like 'em.

I am using the Arc 4 in the video. I do own 4 of the Arc 2, which is smaller, and still very bright.

I am using the Arc 4 in the video. I do own 4 of the Arc 2, which is smaller, and still very bright.
Yes, good video. Very informative. Looks like ya'll had a big time in Alabama.

yes we did. Outstanding bunch of gentlemen.

Reactions: Emanáku

To confirm, the 4 x LED are the ARCII's, the 2 x LED are the Dual strobe, both are awesome drone strobes, worth the extra cost over others, lighter, less footprint, less height bulk too.

They utilize a button-style battery that is not rechargeable. It's essentially disposable as it's in a sealed pouch. The strobe has a 3M peel/stick strip that is fairly stout.

I suppose you could remove the electronics from the pouch to save on weight and get to the battery but might not be worth it.

Ok , explains pricing.
Not the best then for drones, might be good for winged models though like you've used them.
Better to keep it simple, and just use FHT ARCII or Dual . . . or Strobon, depending on needs.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji