DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe placement/ balance

MikeyST1957

Reactions
I think I’m going to get a couple Vifly strobes to try some dusk/ early evening flying
1red front
1green back
Just for direction orientation

I saw some 3d printed leg mounts
( mini2)

Question
If I have one leg mount/ strobe on 1 front leg, and 1 on a back leg… will it throw off the balance of the drone?
( do I need a mount/strobe on each of the 4 legs to maintain balance?)

I think I’m going to get a couple Vifly strobes to try some dusk/ early evening flying
1red front
1green back

( mini2)

Question
If I have one leg mount/ strobe on 1 front leg, and 1 on a back leg… will it throw off the balance of the drone?
I have two mounted. One on each front leg and no affect

No. The drone will be able to easily compensate for that small difference.

Just a reminder...adding strobes to a mini will most likely put it over 250g and therefore requires an FAA registration number if you don't already have one.

Reactions: GFields
1red front
1green back

( mini2)

Question
Would it be possible to submit a photo, or tell me about the placement of red and green (two strobes) on the Mini 2? Is there enough room for these? Do I have to remove and replace each usage time for flying and usage?

Dale

Reactions: Sunny Coast Mini 2
Do I have to remove and replace each usage time for flying and usage?
It depends on where you place them and how they are attached.

For example, if you attach a light to the arm or the attachment method does not allow the light charging port to be accessed, then there will be times when you must remove the light.

It depends on where you place them and how they are attached.

For example, if you attach a light to the arm or the attachment method does not allow the light charging port to be accessed, then there will be times when you must remove the light.
I think the only place they would fit would be on the legs. So my question would be, if I buy two strobes and press the button for red/from right and green, left rear, would that be ok. I am following the boaters rules of harbor markers-"red-right-returning." (ergo, green left, going). I would remove them after each use.

I think the only place they would fit would be on the legs
Some people also place a light on the top and/or bottom of the drone.

So my question would be, if I buy two strobes and press the button for red/from right and green, left rear, would that be ok. I am following the boaters rules of harbor markers-"red-right-returning."
There are no rules for light orientation. Feel free to do whatever works best for your needs.

Dale, this thread should help: Green and Red Strobe Plus one White Strobe on top
Although I’m flying an Air2S, I think the Vifly strobes and mounts (from Aerial Pixel) are light weight enough to avoid impacting your Mini in flight. I have red on the front left and green on the back right. White is on top. They are mounted on the arms as I have leg extensions on all 4 legs. Prior to my current mounts, I bought a set from a competitor which I didn’t like. The Aerial Pixel mounts (which are a rubber material) work well for me. If you want my first set, you can have them, just PM me. They were too tight for my Air2S but might work on your Mini. Best wishes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys