DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

strobes?

Billybanana75

Reactions
Anyone know of an aftermarket add on strobe light you can apply to the pro to make it easier to see in the daytime?

Anyone know of an aftermarket add on strobe light you can apply to the pro to make it easier to see in the daytime?
I got some bicycle handlebar lights clear and red from walmart. They go solid or blink. Helps out a bunch. Black rubber with a wrapStrap

I agree with @madkaw I purchased the Firehouse cree strobes and love them! Super bright and small enough to fit under the front arms (red and green), at the "shoulder" where the little access panel is and on the back (white). BTW they meet the FAA requirements.

Reactions: bobj151
The single strobe lights aren't that effectice in daylight but Firehouse sells a 4 strobe model Drone UAS UAV Quadcopter LED Strobe Light that flashes all 4 at once and is not much larger than the single strobe model.White is the brightest and you can mount it in many spots on your drone.Just remember where the little switch is so when you go to shut them off you're not blinded by the light!

You can find 3D printed mounts for Firehouse Strobes for about 10 bucks on Etsy.

Reactions: Billybanana75
The single strobe lights aren't that effectice in daylight but Firehouse sells a 4 strobe model Drone UAS UAV Quadcopter LED Strobe Light that flashes all 4 at once and is not much larger than the single strobe model.White is the brightest and you can mount it in many spots on your drone.Just remember where the little switch is so when you go to shut them off you're not blinded by the light!

Sounds interesting. Where on the MP2 would they mount, and are they easily detachable?

Firehouse by far is better than the single strobes. I have both and had some problems with a single strobe brand. The strobe went after 8 months of light use and I got no help from the seller. The manufacturer was willing to help but it meant $14 shipping to GB for repair. Basically the dual or 4 strobe of Firehouse are much easier to see and so far have worked with no problems.

+1 for firehouse. I ordered from amazon, received one in good shape to test it and liked it so I ordered another. It came with the shrink wrap loose and not covering the electronics properly so I emailed them. After a couple of emails I had a new one in great shape. Easy to deal with and would recommend them for a good product and good customer service.

I use lime cubes. There exist a mount specially for the Mavic Pro.
Excellent as strobe or extra light beams

I have been using Firehousetechnology dual strobe lights and they are super bright, high quality materials, you will not regret it.

I bought these and the holders (mounts). I just tried them the other day, and they were excellent. I could see the M2P two to three times farther in daylight and when it started getting dark it only got better. These things are very small and very powerful. The mounts for the M2P are perfect and can be purchased at the same place.

STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

Anyone with experience using the Firehouse dual and quad cree strobes? Interested to know if the quad are worth it versus the dual. It seems like the pros of the dual are smaller, lighter form factor, and cheaper price, but with the con of less visible than the quad, so wondering if the quad is worth it for daytime visibility.

Anyone with experience using the Firehouse dual and quad cree strobes? Interested to know if the quad are worth it versus the dual. It seems like the pros of the dual are smaller, lighter form factor, and cheaper price, but with the con of less visible than the quad, so wondering if the quad is worth it for daytime visibility.

I've done EXTENSIVE testing on many strobes and aux lighting during all stages of daylight. Here's some quick findings -- feel free to ask if you have specific questions on this:

- First and foremost: None of the strobes will be visible beyond the VLOS of the Mavic itself in broad daylight. Even in overcast, they are not visible past 700-1000 yards, but they *may* help you pick the Mavic out in the sky at close distances.

- For daylight use, go with the the Firehouse Arc 2 (the four LED unit) in WHITE. White will give you the best distance, followed by red, then green, then blue.

- The Firehouse strobes (both the two and four head) have three modes: fast flash, slow flash, and solid burn. Use slow flash for day.

- Both the dual and quad Firehouse strobes fit fine on the top, sides, and rear of the Mavic.

Again, feel free to ask specifics. And if you want photos or videos of the various strobes on the Mavic, I have most models -- just ask!

Firehouse by far is better than the single strobes. I have both and had some problems with a single strobe brand. The strobe went after 8 months of light use and I got no help from the seller. The manufacturer was willing to help but it meant $14 shipping to GB for repair. Basically the dual or 4 strobe of Firehouse are much easier to see and so far have worked with no problems.

This has been my experience as well. Many failed FlyTron units and they were not very helpful :confused:.

The other nice thing about the Firehouse strobes is they have three modes: fast flash, slow flash, and solid.

Thanks for the information flyguy. Do you think the 4 LED is an appreciable advantage in-terms of being able to spot the Mavic, within the VLOS (700-1000ft), versus the 2 LED? I’m leaning toward the 2 LED since it’s smaller and cheaper, but wondering if the 4 LED is a big step up in-terms of helping to spot the Mavic at distance.

Also, any thoughts/recommendations on how many LED units to mount and where on the Mavic for be results?

Thanks for the information flyguy. Do you think the 4 LED is an appreciable advantage in-terms of being able to spot the Mavic, within the VLOS (700-1000ft), versus the 2 LED? I’m leaning toward the 2 LED since it’s smaller and cheaper, but wondering if the 4 LED is a big step up in-terms of helping to spot the Mavic at distance.

Also, any thoughts/recommendations on how many LED units to mount and where on the Mavic for be results?

For daylight, you definitely want the four-head unit - (yes they are more expensive, but have a look on the Firehouse site; they have deals on 2 packs!)

You'll want all WHITE if you are using in daylight and place them like so for total coverage. This will give you the max visibility.

IMG_1936.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost