DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STROBON Cree® light mounts for the DJI Mavic Pro (by DDH)

Thanks for the confirmation Mike, I was confused because the item title keeps referring to mounts (plural).

I've just ordered a couple from you mate Thumbswayup

I can vouch for Mike (Mavic Help / Phantom Help). His prices are the best and his service is great. Bought from him several times.

Re: Mounts for the rear: I just Velcro a Strobon right above the rear green LED. I double secure it with a tine strip of gaffer tape. Do the same from the front and sides. Will post some pics later if anyone wants to see the set-up.

Will post some pics later if anyone wants to see the set-up.
Please do. It'll no doubt be helpful for others who want to use a similar setup.

i'd like to order Stroon Crees and mounts for front and rear legs. Couldn't find the link. I'd like 1 red, 1 green and 2 white Strobon Cree LEDs. I don't think I'll use them very often, so I don't much care if I have to remove them to fold the legs.

They are si
These mounts are now available here. If you also need the STROBON Cree strobe lights, you can purchase both the lights and mounts together here.

View attachment 15162

I'd like to order Strobon Crees and mounts for front and rear legs. Couldn't find the link. I'd like 1 red, 1 green and 2 white Strobon Cree LEDs. I don't think I'll use them very often, but they're simply too cool not to have. It's OK if I have to remove them to fold the legs.

i'd like to order Stroon Crees and mounts for front and rear legs. Couldn't find the link.
I only have rear mounts available right now. If you'd like to place an order, you can order lights and rear mounts together here.

I only have rear mounts available right now. If you'd like to place an order, you can order lights and rear mounts together here.
I just bought a pair of strobes and rear-leg mounts from Mike and I'm here to say this is the setup to get if you want strobes for your Mavic.

They attach easily, look like they won't come off until you take them off, are lightweight and well made to fit both the Mavic and the Strobon well. Although they're only for the rear legs, and must be removed before folding (hard to get around that with anything attached to the legs, except extensions) they will fit either forward or backward and you can fit up to three on each leg, although I'm not sure why you'd want to.

I set mine up with a red strobe on the right-rear leg, facing forward, and a white strobe on the left-rear leg, facing rearward, to help with orientation. They can be mounted anywhere along the leg, but I pushed mine all the way out next to the motors to put maximum distance between the strobe electronics and the Mavic electronics to minimize potential interference and give best visibility from the ground without the Mavic's body in the way. You could use green instead of white to match the Mavic's lighting, but I expect the white one to be brighter and it's very distinctive, like the white marker beacons on real aircraft.

When facing it head-on or butt-on, you can only see one, so if it's flashing only white I know the Mavic is pointing away from me; if I can see flashing red it's pointing towards me. In some orientations you can partially see both, but that indicates you're viewing it from the side.

Very nice little Mavic strobe lights for the money and they were shipped cross-country very fast.
Nice job, Mike.

Last edited:
Reactions: msinger
Can't wait for mine. I ordered on Aug 4, but told them not to ship until they have front mounts as well. Ordered two whites for the rear, and a red and a green for the front. Then I'm going to fly at dusk, just to show them off. Not over houses or people, though.

Can't wait for mine. I ordered on Aug 4, but told them not to ship until they have front mounts as well.
I'm putting the finishing touches on these today. They should be ready to ship out to you on Monday.

I use this for countless applications including holding my Strobon to the MP. No way it is ever coming off unless you take it off.
It holds my GoPro to the top of my motorcycle helmet and has never come off even at speeds of 80 mph.

View attachment 14553
The problem that I have had with this product (and others like it) is getting the sticky part to stick to the Mavic plastic. Are you doing anything special to get it to stick?

I just mounted a 3 LED strobe on the rear of the Mavic using Velcro. Stays in place but easily removable. Weighs nothing (it's maybe 0.75 square inches). Fits in my carry case. Can be charged in place. Put a smaller strobe (1 LED) on the bottom, just in front of the heat sink. Same velcro attachment method. Easy, cheap, lightweight, effective.

I'm putting the finishing touches on these today. They should be ready to ship out to you on Monday.
Hey Mike, I saw on the "Marco Polo location" thread that you have one of those trackers. Since you're working out the design of a front-leg Strobon mount, any chance you could mod the design to hold the Marco Polo transceiver on the right-front leg, facing forward, with the antenna hanging down and to the outside?

Since people have demonstrated being able to mount one there with Velcro and still fold the leg without removing the tracker, it's be very nice to be able to do the same with the Marco Polo device clipped into your design if it's possible. With the leg extensions I keep installed all the time (they allow folding), I think the antenna would clear from touching level ground. This solution would be a lot nicer than sticking a big hunk of velcro to the leg.

Unfortunately, I think their new waterproof transceiver is just too large to do a clean mount on a Mavic, but the original is fairly small. A nice touch for a mount would be to use a grey or similar plastic to at least roughly match the Mavic.

The original thought I had was a modded version of the rear leg extensions that look U-shaped to clip into the little underside brackets, hanging off the back. I think it could work fine and look very clean, but would need a more-robust attachment to those brackets to support the transceiver without being knocked off by vibration or landing.

I'd buy one of those from you in a heartbeat and I bet a little promotion would motivate others to pick up a Marco Polo and do the same.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Will you be selling mounts for the front legs soon?

Looking at getting these for flying in the UK, does it matter on the colours used. Was thinking of white on back and red and greeen for the front.

In post #88, Mike indicates he may start shipping to at least one customer on Monday. They are not yet advertised for sale on his website.

Since you're working out the design of a front-leg Strobon mount, any chance you could mod the design to hold the Marco Polo transceiver on the right-front leg, facing forward, with the antenna hanging down and to the outside?
Yes, I think I could make a Marco Polo mount. Let's discuss this next week in a new thread.

I'll post a link here when they are available on Monday.

Reactions: Creaky and PT_Mavic
Mike I e mailed you about the fit of the strobe mount. I thought it was a little loose,but after biting the bullet and having it on for 3 flights,I have found it will indeed stay on!:) I do wish the strobe light bracket would "snap" into the holder a little tighter though?

Mike I e mailed you about the fit of the strobe mount. I thought it was a little loose,but after biting the bullet and having it on for 3 flights,I have found it will indeed stay on!:) I do wish the strobe light bracket would "snap" into the holder a little tighter though?
My first impression was similar to yours, but the recovering engineer in me convinced me that it'll stay put - there's not enough mass there to knock anything loose during any event that can happen to a Mavic in midair, short of a bird strike. A crash-landing is a different story, but in flight I'm confident they'll stay put and probably won't even slide around on the leg.

To see what I mean, power off your Mavic, put the gimbal clamp on, attach your strobe(s) and shake the Mavic very hard - unless it strikes a table or chair, I don't think those strobe mounts are going anywhere.

On Monday, I'll have a new rear mount design available too. It's a one piece design that snaps onto the arm (no more sliding cover).

If anyone on this thread already purchased the existing rear mounts and wants to upgrade to the new design, PM me (or email me) and I'll send you a 50% off coupon (when they are available).

Reactions: Hauptmann
On Monday, I'll have a new rear mount design available too. It's a one piece design that snaps onto the arm (no more sliding cover).

If anyone on this thread already purchased the existing rear mounts and wants to upgrade to the new design, PM me (or email me) and I'll send you a 50% off coupon (when they are available).

Please make mine the new design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair