DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobon cree, positioning

Prometheus

Reactions
Hi, just purchased some strobon Cree lights, I want to place them on the front arms but concerned about the light getting picked up by the camera. Has anyone had this happen to them.
Will they still be as effective on the back arms?

Cheers for any help

I use a Trackimo in the rear mount and just stick the strobon underneath the trackimo.
Works fine

I have red and green on my front arms near the "armpits", behind the camera position and they are never a problem.

Reasoning:

1. Behind the camera, so never visable.

2.Can be seen from the ground at any angle, except...

3. Only the red or green can be seen at one time, immediately letting you know from a distance what orientation you are in.

4. White on the rear, again letting you know at a glance whether you are facing away or towards.

They are velcroed there so I can remove them and fold the arms.

Last edited:
Just ordered a Strobon Cree - any photos showing location attachment methods gratefully received :)

This is how I installed mine. Camera does not pick up any flashing of any kind. More pictures and a video found here: STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

Just keep in mind for commercial use (Part 107), if you are in the USA you can't fly at night without a FAA waiver. You can up to 30 mins after sunset or 30mins prior to sunrise.

840dacb345e3a7c34a380af7bea4c910.jpg

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143