DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobon Nav Lights for Mavic Pro (Red Left, Green Right, White Rear) 3 Strobon Standalone Setup

ImpConcepts

Reactions
Here is my latest setup for Nav Compliant Strobes for the Mavic Pro. These are for the Original Standalone Strobon Strobe Lights (Not Cree) but could easily be modified for the Cree if needed. I also made a 5 Strobe Setup as well as a 3. That would translate to 2 x Red on the Left arms, 2 x Green on the Right and one White in the Middle Rear.

No Velcro needed. The Strobes Slide into the holders.

Attachments

• IMG_7858 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7858 (Medium).JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_7863 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7863 (Medium).JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_7854 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7854 (Medium).JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_7735 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7735 (Medium).JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_7868 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7868 (Medium).JPG
    79 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_7864 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7864 (Medium).JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 220
I designed and made them. They come in either 3 Strobe or 5 Strobe sets. Just the Holders of course not the Strobon strobes themselves.

I'd really like to source something like this. If you are a member of RCU please indicate here what your site name is. You can sell things there.
It makes really good sense to put the proper light setup for flying on the fringe of line of sight with reduced ambient light and it conforms more to FAA/MOT intent for aircraft visibility.

Sorry the management gets upset if I give my webstore info out... Their members loss.

I've seen a lot of UTube videos that talk about strobe mods on the drones. If you're going to do a mod like that, I think that it only makes sense to use the proper color lights in the proper place on the drone: Red - left, Green - right, and White - rear.

I've seen a lot of UTube videos that talk about strobe mods on the drones. If you're going to do a mod like that, I think that it only makes sense to use the proper color lights in the proper place on the drone: Red - left, Green - right, and White - rear.
Not for me. If the existing lights were in the configuration, then yes, I would agree.
I have my strobes red at the front, green at the back, as per existing lights. I don't want 3 red and one green at the front and 3 green and one red at the back. Far too confusing visually IMHO

I agree, and that is how mine are positioned.

Not for me. If the existing lights were in the configuration, then yes, I would agree.
I have my strobes red at the front, green at the back, as per existing lights. I don't want 3 red and one green at the front and 3 green and one red at the back. Far too confusing visually IMHO

The reason I suggested that color placement is because that is standard for meeting FAA requirements. Since you are in the UK, that probably would not apply to you. I'm new to the forum and keep forgetting that there are a great number of international members here. Off topic, but what types of UAS restrictions does the UK impose?

That is what we recommend also. Most of the folks who get these from us use the standard US Marine & Air Lighting convention.

On my Phantom and my MP, I gave up on trying for proper starboard green and port red configuration. The craft is just too small to make a difference imo. I put a single white cree flashing on the rear, period. I then know without a doubt which way I am oriented to the craft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143