DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stunning Dorset countryside and landmarks. Mavic Air 2 at Horton Tower and Knowletone Church and Earthworks

Derlisz

Reactions
I have added ma2 to my fleet recently and I love this machine. I actually enjoy the way it flies a lot more then I ever enjoyed another drone including my m2p. It just dances for you creating a fluid cinematic movements. Horton tower is a folly. The purpose of this tower is unknown. It was onece a tallest non sacral building in England. Knowlton Church is a 12th century norman church build amidst earthworks of a neolithic henge.

I know the area well :) About 30 minutes from my house. Last time I was there was with my DJI Spark, which doesn't have the range of occusync and I keep meaning to go back there with my Mavic 2. I did a drop down the tower of the church shot.

I really liked the sweeping shots of the countryside around, and the smooth flying around the monuments. Great editing too!

Locally (well, my parents) it's said that the folly was built so the landowner could see France, but I think that's hogwash, as if you could see the Dorset coast on a clear day I'd be very surprised. It was restored and used as a mobile phone mast some years back, but all the equipment has now gone. Thankfully the roof is still on, so that will help preserve it.

I know the area well :) About 30 minutes from my house. Last time I was there was with my DJI Spark, which doesn't have the range of occusync and I keep meaning to go back there with my Mavic 2. I did a drop down the tower of the church shot.

I really liked the sweeping shots of the countryside around, and the smooth flying around the monuments. Great editing too!

Locally (well, my parents) it's said that the folly was built so the landowner could see France, but I think that's hogwash, as if you could see the Dorset coast on a clear day I'd be very surprised. It was restored and used as a mobile phone mast some years back, but all the equipment has now gone. Thankfully the roof is still on, so that will help preserve it.
Thanks. Thay may have build it to be able to see France. That's rich people with no sense for you. Whatever reason I'm glad they did as it looks great. A bit like rocket being ready to be sent into space.

Reactions: Greekislandlover
Thanks. Thay may have build it to be able to see France. That's rich people with no sense for you. Whatever reason I'm glad they did as it looks great. A bit like rocket being ready to be sent into space.

But ultimately I don't think anyone knows. And as you say, doesn't matter - we are glad it's there and in a good state of repair.

Dorset resident here too ... Over Bournemouth way.... Love the colours here . You know what settings you used on it or did you do much post processing to get the vibrancy up ..

love it..good job

Reactions: Greekislandlover
Very, very nice! ?

I have added ma2 to my fleet recently and I love this machine. I actually enjoy the way it flies a lot more then I ever enjoyed another drone including my m2p. It just dances for you creating a fluid cinematic movements. Horton tower is a folly. The purpose of this tower is unknown. It was onece a tallest non sacral building in England. Knowlton Church is a 12th century norman church build amidst earthworks of a neolithic henge.

Very nicely done!

Reactions: Derlisz
Dorset resident here too ... Over Bournemouth way.... Love the colours here . You know what settings you used on it or did you do much post processing to get the vibrancy up ..

love it..good job
Hi. I'm form Bournemouth also. I made this video while I was testing different modes on the new drone. This video consists of footage shot in D Cinelike flat profile that I have coloured by hand and HDR automatic mode where i actually had to dial down the colours to match the other footage. I hope this helps!

Love the idea of a “folly”. Merely giving it a name gives it a purpose! With the money, I’d be hard pressed not to construct a folly!

Reactions: Derlisz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo