DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Stunning sunset at magical Roche Rock, Cornwall. UK

Managed to get out tonight one last time before the full lockdown starts again here in the UK. Thankfully, it was worth it as there were such beautiful colours at one of my favourite magical, atmospheric sites
Hi Jezbot, One word: AMAZING what a wonderful location, the sunset makes the place even more magical! I enjoyed your short video ? Cheers Paul

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
Beautiful location and superb work. For us beginners, would you mind sharing some technical aspects of the work? For example, did you use HDR mode? 1080p, 2.7k, FPS? How heavy was your color & light editing? Which software do you use? Etc
It’s a lot to ask I know. Thanks in advance.

Beautiful location and superb work. For us beginners, would you mind sharing some technical aspects of the work? For example, did you use HDR mode? 1080p, 2.7k, FPS? How heavy was your color & light editing? Which software do you use? Etc
It’s a lot to ask I know. Thanks in advance.
Hi there Mach1Drones. Thanks for the kind comments. I'm a relative beginner too - got my MA2 last July & had never flown before that & all flying & editing etc is self taught apart from YouTube videos. I use HDR mode when flying into the sun. I know nothing about filters so don't use them although I'm sure I should learn. I always use 4K video & 60FPS unless the camera won't allow it, like when using any of the active tracks etc which don't support 60FPS, so I then use 30FPS. Yes, I do post edit the colour & lighting, but as little as possible - this sunset was naturally beautiful. I certainly don't replace skies or anything like that - I don't know how to. I use DaVinci Resolve Studio for the software, although the free version is excellent too. And for the music, I do write & record some of the music on the clips on my YouTube site, using FL Studio, but mostly, I use Epidemic Sound & Bensound (both subscription based, royalty free sites), or I use YouTube Audio Library too. It's such an addictive hobby, & gets me out since I retired!! Hope that's some help :)

Managed to get out tonight one last time before the full lockdown starts again here in the UK. Thankfully, it was worth it as there were such beautiful colours at one of my favourite magical, atmospheric sites
I have made several observations! Did anyone else notice that you reversed the film and the traffic is all driving backwards? That is always a problem if you have traffic, rivers, etc. going the wrong way when you reverse the order of the clip. I waited anxiously for you to actual FRAME the sun tin the arch and hold the drone stay there! But you made several passes and just hot the one spectacular flash of sunlight. Holding it there longer would be more dramatic. Still in all, I enjoyed the scenery, the flying (nice and smooth) the music selection, the editing, and timing of the clips.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
I have made several observations! Did anyone else notice that you reversed the film and the traffic is all driving backwards? That is always a problem if you have traffic, rivers, etc. going the wrong way when you reverse the order of the clip. I waited anxiously for you to actual FRAME the sun tin the arch and hold the drone stay there! But you made several passes and just hot the one spectacular flash of sunlight. Holding it there longer would be more dramatic. Still in all, I enjoyed the scenery, the flying (nice and smooth) the music selection, the editing, and timing of the clips.

Dale
Miami
Thanks for the comments Dale. You're right of course, one of the clips was reversed. I did some stills with the sun through the window -

Attachments

• DJI_0018.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: Bsnyder
Thanks for the comments Dale. You're right of course, one of the clips was reversed. I did some stills with the sun through the window -
Wow! Wow! Wow! Now that's what I am talking about! Bravo. Great shot.
You know, there is an app called Photo Pills which I have not been able to learn, but it helps set up all sorts of shots like this to predict where the sun or moon will be at any selected time of the day or night. I have watched those You Tubes by the inventor and I must admit, either I am stupid or he is a poor teacher. Maybe a little bit of both.
see www.photopills.com

Wow! Wow! Wow! Now that's what I am talking about! Bravo. Great shot.
You know, there is an app called Photo Pills which I have not been able to learn, but it helps set up all sorts of shots like this to predict where the sun or moon will be at any selected time of the day or night. I have watched those You Tubes by the inventor and I must admit, either I am stupid or he is a poor teacher. Maybe a little bit of both.
see www.photopills.com
I’ll have a look. Not that I’ll be flying much for a while....we’ve just gone back into full lockdown here in the uk ??

I’ll have a look. Not that I’ll be flying much for a while....we’ve just gone back into full lockdown here in the uk ??
All the more reason for you to have the time to spend learning Photo Pills!!! Download the app and check out the You Tube videos. The app is rich with information- about the sun, sunsets, moon phases, lining up everything for the the perfect shot. It will keep you very busy for the entire lockdown. The instructor, from Spain (Majorca) is a bit hard to understand for me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 4.24.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 4.24.15 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka