DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

stuttering during yaw.

JoshuaCarlton

Reactions
I noticed today that my mavic will have a pretty severe stutter while yawing. Anyone else have this? you can actually hear it happening, its like its trembling. Just updated to the latest firmware when I noticed.

Reactions: Former Member
I don't think stuttering a bit when you're yawning is anything to worry about it.

Oh... yaw...

Never mind. :p

Thanks but that's more about drifting yaw. My problem is a fast shaking stuttering during yaw.
This is a new behavior, right? Didn't used to do it?

It shouldn't regardless. Do the motors sound different?

Try turning the motors by hand and make sure they all feel the same in terms of smoothness, ease of turning, etc.

Quads yaw by increasing thrust with one diagonal pair and reducing it with the other, thereby maintaining altitude but throwing torque around the vertical axis out of balance, causing the aircraft to spin. You could have a bearing on its way out in one of the motors.

This is a new behavior, right? Didn't used to do it?

It shouldn't regardless. Do the motors sound different?

Try turning the motors by hand and make sure they all feel the same in terms of smoothness, ease of turning, etc.

Quads yaw by increasing thrust with one diagonal pair and reducing it with the other, thereby maintaining altitude but throwing torque around the vertical axis out of balance, causing the aircraft to spin. You could have a bearing on its way out in one of the motors.
I will check. I really hope that's not the case. I always upgrade the firmware without problems. I hope it's just a glitch or maybe a weird setting I have overlooked.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu