DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stuttering Footage

Rico2621

Reactions
Hi guys...

I'm new to the site and to drone's I have a brand new Mavic Air 2 (one week old now). The footage I'm recording is fine but when downloaded to my laptop which is a Mac Book Pro, the replay is awful and stutters really badly and seems like it's missing a frame every 2 or 3 seconds.

When In play the footage on my phone it's fine and crystal clear. I tried uploading some footage to Google Photos just to see what happens and the quality is dreadful although the stuttering disappeared.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul

Are you by any chance looking at video that is beyond the capabilities of your Macbook to play? I had that problem with 4k footage from my P3 pro and had to downgrade the shooting resolution.

Quite possibly...although I would have thought the Macbook Pro would have handled it but Im not so sure. The stuttering is real bad when downloaded but on my phone is perfect...odd !

The phone video is only a cached copy, in much less detail.

The full size video (if you are recording in 4k60) is using an h.265 codec which is not supported by everything yet, but can be patched with a driver update sometimes.

I've even seen 2019 HPs with 16 GB RAM, SSD, 1060ti cards, with PrPro that can't run h.265 codecs.

My laptop won't even recognize the file, so I'll be shooting in 4k30 for now until my new one arrives. (4k30 can be shot in h.264)

That explains it, so it will have to be 4k30 for a while. Ive seen some Youtube vids about programmes that can stop it and one in particular called Edit Ready...have you come across it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada