DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stuttering playback (and probably lots of other areas for improvement) - first video

bheiser1

Premium Pilot
Reactions
the foothills of the Sierra Nevada in California
Site
billheiserphoto.com
Hi everyone - this is my first video creation from the M2P. I’ve had it a little over a week. I’m a still photographer with virtually no experience yet in video. Aside from some obvious issues (like needing a GND filter - on order!) I noticed there’s quite a bit of stuttering in the playback. It’s especially evident when moving the gimbal (starting at 1:21). Could it be as simple adjusting the frame rate to 24fps on my next try? I think the default may have been 30 (?) and when compiling this in LumaFusion I set it to 24, so maybe this introduced issues?

I guess there are probably tons of other issues too :). Feedback welcome, thanks!

This is the SD card I have installed: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandis...dxc-uhs-i-memory-card/6282919.p?skuId=6282919

Last edited:
Really most of it was fine.
I think the 1:24 problem was too fast a gimbal movement, and quiet likely related to shutter speed not being roughly double frame rate.
(Where you using any sort of filter, or camera settings to get this to ~ 1/60 ?)
For most of that a GND didn’t seem to be needed, no major blowouts.
You got a little lens flare 1:21 due to filming direction / composition.
It’s possible your post work changes affected this too, I don’t do that sort of editing so couldn’t say for sure.
Try and get your shutter right at double frame rate with settings and / or ND filter, and you might want to try slowing gimbal sensitivity in your settings too, makes gimbal movements very smooth.
Good luck, I’m sure you’ll sort this out very easily.

Do you have the original footage? If there’s no anomaly there the then you’ve diagnosed the problem.
If there is then try increasing the frame rate to 60x

Reactions: dirkclod
I see the stuttering issue.
Try manually setting the bit-rate to the original file rate for 4K
I found my editors would reduce the nit rate on final edit even though I tell it to match the original file.
Bitrate for 4K should be around 103,000.
I set my max for 110,000 and average to 100,000

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo