DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Submerged church in a dam

Any history on the church Alex?
Unfortunately, I don't know much :(
but here some google translation:
The submerged church was part of the village of Zhivovtsi, which together with the neighboring village of Kalimanitsa remain at the bottom of one of the biggest dams in Bulgaria - Ogosta dam. The dam is built for 20 years, it collects its waters from 3 rivers - Ogosta, Barzia and Zlatitsa, it is the fourth largest in the country and is located 600 meters southwest of the outskirts of Montana and 60 meters above city level. This last measure sounds quite disturbing - maybe the dam is strong enough!

To return to the submerged church - it was a monument of Bulgarian Revival architecture. It was built in 1858 by master Lilo, the founder of one of the most significant Renaissance building schools - Slavinski. The master is also known for the resurgence of the Lopushan Monastery. After the construction of Ogosta dam, the church of the village of Givovtsi is submerged and periodically floats in low water.

Reactions: Porky
Unfortunately, I don't know much :(
but here some google translation:
The submerged church was part of the village of Zhivovtsi, which together with the neighboring village of Kalimanitsa remain at the bottom of one of the biggest dams in Bulgaria - Ogosta dam. The dam is built for 20 years, it collects its waters from 3 rivers - Ogosta, Barzia and Zlatitsa, it is the fourth largest in the country and is located 600 meters southwest of the outskirts of Montana and 60 meters above city level. This last measure sounds quite disturbing - maybe the dam is strong enough!

To return to the submerged church - it was a monument of Bulgarian Revival architecture. It was built in 1858 by master Lilo, the founder of one of the most significant Renaissance building schools - Slavinski. The master is also known for the resurgence of the Lopushan Monastery. After the construction of Ogosta dam, the church of the village of Givovtsi is submerged and periodically floats in low water.

That’s enough for me alex;)

Last edited:
Reactions: alex_markov
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus