DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Success with Dronelink!!

Bussty

Reactions
Site
andrewbusst.wixsite.com
I'm very happy.... Today is the first day I have moved out of my urban environment to a paddock about 1km away with no surrounding houses or buildings at all. In my current location testing from home the Dronelink app with the Mavic Mini and Samsung S9 I have had pretty unreliable results which I can now only put down to wifi interference.

So this morning in my "interference free" environment I tested...

• A destination plan
  • A path
  • A path with POI
  • An orbit
  • A map!
  • An On The Fly 360 Panorama
  • An On The Fly Dronie
I am so pleased to say without exception they all executed flawlessly. There was a moment on one leg of a destination plan that I thought the drone paused but then when I got back home I realized I had added a waypoint halfway down the leg so it had done exactly what I had told it to do.

It was quite a windy day and I did have a little bit of jerkiness so just as a test I googled stabilisation and for free you can drop the footage into Da Vinci Resolve and get some really smooth video with things like Orbit or POI missions which I tried and am really happy with.

So happy days, most of my anticipated need for DroneLink will be in more remote areas with no wifi so for the Mini this is a great result. I must say using a drone for almost a year as dedicated hand control drone and then being able to push a button and watch it run a map mission all by itself is pretty satisfying!

So..... well done Dronelink and the team! (now just to sort out a solution to those disconnects in urban environments... :)

I'm very happy.... Today is the first day I have moved out of my urban environment to a paddock about 1km away with no surrounding houses or buildings at all. In my current location testing from home the Dronelink app with the Mavic Mini and Samsung S9 I have had pretty unreliable results which I can now only put down to wifi interference.

• A destination plan
  • A path
  • A path with POI
  • An orbit
  • A map!
  • An On The Fly Dronie
I am so pleased to say without exception they all executed flawlessly. There was a moment on one leg of a destination plan that I thought the drone paused but then when I got back home I realized I had added a waypoint halfway down the leg so it had done exactly what I had told it to do.

It was quite a windy day and I did have a little bit of jerkiness so just as a test I googled stabilisation and for free you can drop the footage into Da Vinci Resolve and get some really smooth video with things like Orbit or POI missions which I tried and am really happy with.

So happy days, most of my anticipated need for DroneLink will be in more remote areas with no wifi so for the Mini this is a great result. I must say using a drone for almost a year as dedicated hand control drone and then being able to push a button and watch it run a map mission all by itself is pretty satisfying!

So..... well done Dronelink and the team! (now just to sort out a solution to those disconnects in urban environments... :)
I’m using it now also and love it. Really enjoy the google earth simulation seamless function. It’s a great program . So far. I problems at all on my iPhone 6s with MM. ?

• A destination plan
  • A path
  • A path with POI
  • An orbit
  • A map!
  • An On The Fly Dronie

Hello,

Congrats on your successful trials.

I have not tried using DroneLink using a plan. only in "On the Fly" mode. Finally the weather is giving me a break at the same time that I'll have some free time.

So since you were able to get some flying time with DroneLink I was hoping that you could answer a couple of questions
1) Eare you able to use the controls like for roll Roration and the like without the plan being interrupted?
2) What if you want to stop a plans execution and take control of the Drone how do you do that?

I'm 3/4 of the way through the Drone 101 classes and I don't recall that being covered, so either it wasn't touched on or I had zoned out and missed it.

Thanks Much,
Tyler

Reactions: zeusfl
I believe if you hit RTH on the controller it will cancel the mission and then you can cancel the RTH. At that point you have control of the drone . I’ve also started using Dronelink with great success. Love that app.

Reactions: zeusfl
I have been experimenting with Dronelink for about a month. At first, I kept getting Telemetry delay error messages and thought it might be the app. Anyway, my drone went in for repairs under warranty last week after I kept losing the control and video links in the DJI Fly app as well. DJI ended up giving me a new unit.

Now the same plans work flawlessly on Dronelink, no errors just smooth missions.

To see my mini doing stuff it's not supposed to be able to do is amazing. Dronelink is worth every cent of the small lifetime fee.

Reactions: parkgt
Hello,

Congrats on your successful trials.

I have not tried using DroneLink using a plan. only in "On the Fly" mode. Finally the weather is giving me a break at the same time that I'll have some free time.

So since you were able to get some flying time with DroneLink I was hoping that you could answer a couple of questions
1) Eare you able to use the controls like for roll Roration and the like without the plan being interrupted?
2) What if you want to stop a plans execution and take control of the Drone how do you do that?

I'm 3/4 of the way through the Drone 101 classes and I don't recall that being covered, so either it wasn't touched on or I had zoned out and missed it.

Thanks Much,
Tyler
On drones with a mode switch, switching out of P mode will cancel. Plans can be set up in a way that the drone will follow a predefined path and allow you to yaw (not roll) and pitch the gimbal at will. Keep watching the videos and review some of the plans posted to see how people are programing to achieve the results they want and are getting. Once you understand their "what and why" you are ready to try yours. Baby steps until you are confident, use the preview features!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme