DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Success with OTG Hub - Need a little more help

gjmphoto

Reactions
I picked up a multi-port OTG adapter (IOGEAR GoFor2+ USB On-The-Go Card Reader with Hub GOFRH202 B&H) and it works GREAT with the Moverio - I can now use a USB mouse and USB keyboard directly with the glasses. Particularly for typing things, this is a MAJOR plus, and although I've gotten a lot better at using the trackpad, using a mouse is definitely less finicky. The hub also lets me connect a USB thumb drive, so I can have videos, etc. viewable through the glasses. It's a really nice setup.

Now, I'd like to use the setup with DJI Go4, so I can navigate the menus and do my settings using the mouse and keyboard. I'm going to see if I can connect the controller to the moverio with just a regular USB to USB cable to the hub or if I'm going to have to find some kind of micro-USB splitter.

More soon.

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your findings and maybe some pictures.

Quick update. Unfortunately the controller cannot be connected to the otg hub. Even with a USB male to USB male connector it does not recognize the controller. I wouldn't have tried to fly with all of that connected anyway, but it would have been nice to set up options using the keyboard mouse and controller. Just the same the OTG hub works very well with a keyboard mouse and USB drive when using the glasses as an Android device without the controller.

Have you tried a bluetooth mouse and a bluetooth keyboard ?, that would do away with all the physical connections and the need for a usb hub.

It would then allow the BT-300 to remain connected to the controller.

I use a Swiftpoint GT mouse and a cheap bluetooth micro keyboard

Swiftpoint GT Ergonomic Wireless Mouse For Productivity & Portability

Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Micro Keyboard f. PS3/PC/Tablet Smart Phone iPhone X 8 7 | eBay

Also the BT-300 has a SD card slot, so you could use that instead of a thumb drive to watch movies and videos on the glasses, you'll just need to transfer the files from a computer to the SD card.

Last edited:
Wonderful idea! I feel a little foolish not considering that myself. I will try that right away. Thanks.

Last edited:
Final update from me on this. Now have a Dell BT mouse and an iClever foldable BT keyboard. Works GREAT. Can hook it up with the MPP at the same time so I can use the keyboard and mouse to update settings, do updates, etc. Wouldn't use the accessories while flying, but for settings, or using the Moverio as a regular android device this is a really nice setup.

Also - this iClever keyboard is really, really clever. It's extremely light weight and tiny (substantially smaller and lighter than it looks in the pictures). The keys feel good to touch type and there is very little latency. I got mine for $39 on EBay (free shipping).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka