DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

sudden braking and controller disconnects

Grover

Reactions
Hi,

Today i encountered my first strange mavic behaviours. While i was flying a few meters above an open field it braked a couple of times, telling me to put the sticks back to center. I didn't pay much attention to the first 2 times but then it became anoying (3th, 4th time). Then suddenly the controller became disconnected while the drone was not (that) far away (within 500m, clear LOS). RTH kicked in and drone landed perfect. Rebooted the drone and controller, got airborne again and again there was some braking out of nowhere and later again a controller disconnection. Drone went to RTH. This time i turned the controller off => on and was able to regain control. Played around a bit before breaking up and going home.

Back home i took the txt log files from my phone but couldn;t find anything regarding why the braking occurred and no indications showing why the controller disconnected. I pulled the .dat file out of the drone but am unable to read/open it. The csvview/datcon website seems offline so no luck there. The attached log is from the second flight.

I'm quite open for suggestions since i don't understand what happend. Drone was closeby, clear open field, open line of sight, no wind, battery's charged and signal was always full bars duren inflight checks.

(In the log there is a breaking point @ 17.5, 26, 57.5 seconds)

LOGFILE

Dat file (download)

==

Edit, i know obstacle avoidance can be tripped by sunset/rise. At my flying time the sun was setting but there was stil clear daylight. The sun itself was out of sight from the drone perspective since it was behind the trees. Switching to sports mode proberly would have been a bypass but i'm trying to determine the source.

Last edited:
It actually may be overly sensitive front obstacle avoidance sensors. One can try and calibrate them using the DJI Assistant 2.

My MP2 constantly has 'braking now' issues, even when the sun is nowhere near. Also, sometimes when I hook up the RC, it will say 'disconnected' on my phone, despite the controls working. This is very concerning, so I usually reboot everything and then its fine. I think I will re-calibrate the obstacle avoidance sensors though.

My MP2 constantly has 'braking now' issues, even when the sun is nowhere near. Also, sometimes when I hook up the RC, it will say 'disconnected' on my phone, despite the controls working. This is very concerning, so I usually reboot everything and then its fine. I think I will re-calibrate the obstacle avoidance sensors though.
is your issue fixed now after calibrating/

Hi,

Today i encountered my first strange mavic behaviours. While i was flying a few meters above an open field it braked a couple of times, telling me to put the sticks back to center. I didn't pay much attention to the first 2 times but then it became anoying (3th, 4th time). Then suddenly the controller became disconnected while the drone was not (that) far away (within 500m, clear LOS). RTH kicked in and drone landed perfect. Rebooted the drone and controller, got airborne again and again there was some braking out of nowhere and later again a controller disconnection. Drone went to RTH. This time i turned the controller off => on and was able to regain control. Played around a bit before breaking up and going home.

Back home i took the txt log files from my phone but couldn;t find anything regarding why the braking occurred and no indications showing why the controller disconnected. I pulled the .dat file out of the drone but am unable to read/open it. The csvview/datcon website seems offline so no luck there. The attached log is from the second flight.

I'm quite open for suggestions since i don't understand what happend. Drone was closeby, clear open field, open line of sight, no wind, battery's charged and signal was always full bars duren inflight checks.

(In the log there is a breaking point @ 17.5, 26, 57.5 seconds)

LOGFILE

Dat file (download)

==

Edit, i know obstacle avoidance can be tripped by sunset/rise. At my flying time the sun was setting but there was stil clear daylight. The sun itself was out of sight from the drone perspective since it was behind the trees. Switching to sports mode proberly would have been a bypass but i'm trying to determine the source.
has your braking issue been fixed now after calibrating?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest