DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sudden Crash New Mavic 2 Pro

Yhodah

Reactions
Just a word of caution since my brand new Mavic 2 Pro made a sudden crash to ground. I will be sending it back to DJI but a word of caution doing those rocket shots. I was just about to do one and do videos with the hyper lapse settings. I assure you it is possible since I have seen it doubted. Just glad I was not under it.
It flipped upside down and flew inverted Into the ground. So quick it was impossible to believe. Slowed clip

Reactions: selaxar
It appears either to have lost a prop or suffered motor failure. The mobile device DAT file will show what happened, if you are interested in finding out.

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Thanks for the link. That would make sense. The blades were intact. Wish I had a video of the drone itself. trying to get iTunes to work.

Here is the flight record. Is there a tutorial on how to recognize the problem?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-26_[11-52-18].txt
    115.2 KB · Views: 136
Ok.... tried to decode the DAT file and it would not decode.... will upload. That looks to be in a flight log file different than the screen shot. I appreciate your help

Attachments

• 2019-01-26 11_52_21-163DFAQ001PZ03.dat
    253 bytes · Views: 52
Here is the flight record. Is there a tutorial on how to recognize the problem?
You were bringing the drone down gently and got it to 11.5 feet above the ground at 1:09.1 when things came unstuck.
You went hands-off a fraction of a second later as the drone started tumbling and spinning in an clockwise direction.
The battery was charged and not part of the problem.

The dat file as mentioned in post #2 will give more information.

That looks like it's a good case for DJI to investigate.

Synch your flight data (click the cloud icon on the flight data page).
Then go to their online help page and start a chat with one of their people to get things moving.

Looked again and all of the files under flight records and mcdatflightrecords are txt files

thanks Meta4. They are offline on the weekend apparently. I have only found three posts with similar events. Already have a return label to ship it in. But they will need the data from my phone.

thanks Meta4. They are offline on the weekend apparently. I have only found three posts with similar events. Already have a return label to ship it in. But they will need the data from my phone.
That's why you synch the flight data

Ok... now finding that function it says motor obstructed.... Gimbal overload.

But the motor obstruction was at the end. The drone was upside down. The app shows spinning then gimbal overload then motor obstruction. It shut off upside down on the ground.

Ok.... tried to decode the DAT file and it would not decode.... will upload. That looks to be in a flight log file different than the screen shot. I appreciate your help

No - that file is from the directory /FlightLogs. You need to get the DAT file ending FLY013.DAT from the /FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecords directory. That's a subdirectory in the /FlightRecords directory that contains the main DAT files.

Think I Found it.

Attachments

• 2019-01-26_11-50-01_FLY018.DAT
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
Just a word of caution since my brand new Mavic 2 Pro made a sudden crash to ground. I will be sending it back to DJI but a word of caution doing those rocket shots. I was just about to do one and do videos with the hyper lapse settings. I assure you it is possible since I have seen it doubted. Just glad I was not under it.
It flipped upside down and flew inverted Into the ground. So quick it was impossible to believe. Slowed clip

Oh that isn't good, sorry to hear this. Have you got DJI care?

I am fairly new as well so take it for what its worth, but Im just wondering since you were bring the drone lowere a bit before it dropped, were u holding the controller joystick down for 3 sec. or more I learned if you hold the controller down for 3 sec. it automatically lands, I was getting low and close to a river and it alerted me it was landing, I pushed up on the sticks and it got out of there but I was a few i ches from loosing it, did it maybe go to land and hit some of the brush and fall, or am I way off? Can you post the flight log to see if there are any malfunctions alerted?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000