DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sudden shutdown of DJI Go4 application in the Smart Controller

mario54

Reactions
I have a mavic 2 pro with smart controller, this morning I did a little flight and everything went well; this afternoon towards the end of the flight (luckily in RTH), the dji go4 application stopped (never happened before!). But do I say that DJI plans problems deliberately after a certain time? Mine is just a hypothesis, I would like to know if it has happened to someone and what could be the causes. Thanks in advance.

Usually due to a lack of available ram in SC. You should have you video cache set to around 2 go and allow it to over write. Also SC only have 11GB of total storage check yours in the file manager app on SC and see how much free space you have left. Note latest firmware added the support for the Mavic Air 2 and this added the fly app this takes up more space also. I have firmware prior to latest as I don’t want fly app loaded. I average between 5 and 4 GB of free space. If the SC runs close on total ram (note everything in SC runs in the 11GB of ram it has no hard drive that I am aware of) it will close down the go4 app as it has run out of ram.

Paul C

Thanks Paul, I also have the previous firmware, given the problems that many have, for the self-deleting video cache, but obviously it doesn't work.

It has RAM and Flash storage, just like any phone/tablet. Flash storage would be too slow to sub as RAM and would quickly wear out. DJI calls the internal storage as "ROM", but that's not accurate. They specify storage as 16GGB, but doesn't specify RAM.

One could use a RAM drive to sub as storage, but would have to be maintained by battery to be non-volatile, and would not be very economical.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada