DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sudden strong wind, Mini flew away

kokesh

Reactions
To begin my post, I am an idiot. Flew high in clouds and didn't look that the drone flew far away. At approx. 70pct of battery I lost signal. When I got to the last point, approx 1km away, there was no connection to the drone either. I guess it got blown even further, with Return to home fighting the wind.

Anyone has any idea where to look? Here is my flight recording. I've looked in the straight line, if I'm right it would auto land on empty battery on the frozen lake. I went there, in a continuation line of the flight path, but haven't seen anything. I guess the engines would slow down the speed, continue flying in the same attitude and when the battery gets under 30pct land? Am I right?

• Sad
Reactions: Prismatic
To begin my post, I am an idiot. Flew high in clouds and didn't look that the drone flew far away. At approx. 70pct of battery I lost signal. When I got to the last point, approx 1km away, there was no connection to the drone either. I guess it got blown even further, with Return to home fighting the wind.

Anyone has any idea where to look? Here is my flight recording. I've looked in the straight line, if I'm right it would auto land on empty battery on the frozen lake. I went there, in a continuation line of the flight path, but haven't seen anything. I guess the engines would slow down the speed, continue flying in the same attitude and when the battery gets under 30pct land? Am I right?

You're not an idiot....everyone makes mistakes, esp. when just learning. Move your posting & flight log to the mavic crash & flyaway assistance forum. I hope you can recover your MM, damaged or not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme