DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suddenly dead smart controller. Won't even take a charge..

sgrant64

Reactions
Just in from flying MP2. Smart controller had 3/4 charge on it when I shut it down. Tried to power up the smart controller to look at some data on it and its completely unresponsive. no indicators light up when pressing the power button or when connecting the USB-C charging cable. Curious if any others have experienced this or what suggestions others might have. Purchased from DJI store on Amazon July '20.

It's dead, Jim.
Not responding to a power connection suggests it's not the battery...so could be a complete loss.

On my Amazon UK "Your orders" webpage it lists the closing date for a return just below the name / title of each item.

Blimey that was a short window, that said it is probably only a "I have changed my mind window".
I had a garden power tool die more than a month out side its return window and Amazon said just send it back, I was quite impressed by that.

Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!!! Held it down for ~16 seconds. Back in the game! Thanks!
I know they have fans but it sounds like a thermal protection shut down, especially the part about not charging. Make sure the fans are running when it's powered up, otherwise, I might still be tempted to send it back before the return window closes.

Reactions: sgrant64
I know they have fans but it sounds like a thermal protection shut down, especially the part about not charging. Make sure the fans are running when it's powered up, otherwise, I might still be tempted to send it back before the return window closes.
Yes, that makes sense. It was hotter than the hinges of hades when I shut it down. Will certainly keep an eye on that! Thanks.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
My (1 month old) SC for my M2EA is also bricked….took it to the local Enterprise service agent and they confirmed it was dead….told me I need to wait 4weeks for a replacement…Does anyone have any suggestions on reviving the batteries without having to open it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder