DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suddenly getting no video feed

PeteS2017

Reactions
Yesterday, I flew my Mavic and everything was fine.

Today, I went out into a field, well away from any interference, and prepared my Mavic for flight. I noticed when I started up the DJI Go 4 app, it announced that it was installing some sort of update. I thought this was odd, as my tablet (a Nexus 7) doesn't have an internet connection, and I thought the Go 4 app would have needed to download something from the internet to do this. But anyway, I just let it do its thing, and waited for it to finish.

But then I found that the only live feed I was getting was about the top quarter of the screen, and even that was coming and going, in the form of square 'tiles' going on and off.

I tried switching everything off and on again, but no luck. I remember the only change since yesterday was that I'd installed an app called Nova Launcher, which gives you customised wallpapers, so I uninstalled it, but that made no difference. Obviously, it was unsafe to fly, so I just packed up. I then moved a few miles way, but the same thing happened.

One thing I should mention. Though the video feed worked perfectly yesterday, I noticed something wrong with the map - it was speeding all over the place, as though you were flying over it in a jet aircraft. The same thing happened today, but then the map settled down to normal. But the video feed was still gone. I hardly know anything about the 'HD' part of the app, but I did look at it, and the transmission was something like 6mbs per second - I don't know if that's good or bad.

I just thought I'd ask people's opinions on this before I start messing with stuff I don't know anything about. One last thing: I've never crashed my Mavic, or even bumped it. Thanks.

I have seen this issue in the past and often completely removing and reinstalling the GO4 app corrects this however what version of GO4 are you running as you may want to hold off upgrading to the latest version as there does seem to be a few issues with it.

Reactions: pixl
The update package was downloaded when the tablet had wifi. The package is updated when the app runs and detects a new package.

This video feed issue may be fixed by uninstall and reinstall as stated above.

Worked for me.

Reactions: pixl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S