DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suggestion for alternative bag

GriffDawg

Reactions
I was looking at different telephoto lens bags on amazon that would fit the Mavic and this is what I decided on getting, it looks like they just sold out but you can pick it up for a similar price at other stores if you search google. Based on their listed internal dimensions it should be able to snuggly fit the Mavic and either a spare battery or the controller. Way cheaper than the DJI bag and smaller form factor too!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009KY5YOY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm planning on using a 511 over the shoulder tactical bag .
Have used it for different things and is easy to put over my head and has lots of room and lots of pockets IMG_4909.JPG Main compartmentIMG_4910.JPG
and has a pocket even my mini fits in IMG_4911.JPG . Can slide in behind the seat of my truck and just have it whenever .Use the LowePro tote with my other
birds and hopefully everything needed will fit nicely . Might not work .
Will see soon :)

I was looking at different telephoto lens bags on amazon that would fit the Mavic and this is what I decided on getting, it looks like they just sold out but you can pick it up for a similar price at other stores if you search google. Based on their listed internal dimensions it should be able to snuggly fit the Mavic and either a spare battery or the controller. Way cheaper than the DJI bag and smaller form factor too!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009KY5YOY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Looks like a downside to that bag is you have to stack everything on top of each other.

Just picked up a crumpler farmers double so the mavic can go in the base and my dslr can go in the main body

Looks like a downside to that bag is you have to stack everything on top of each other.
Yeah but for me the whole point of the Mavic is its small form factor, I want it to be protected but I also want to be able to through it in my day pack and go for a hike. Having a camera butt pack or backpack leaves you with the same issue as a Phantom practically because it's just one more bulky thing to deal with.

Yeah but for me the whole point of the Mavic is its small form factor, I want it to be protected but I also want to be able to through it in my day pack and go for a hike. Having a camera butt pack or backpack leaves you with the same issue as a Phantom practically because it's just one more bulky thing to deal with.
I have one of those and will give it a go, just cut a few 1/4" foam disks to place between the batteries and such to protect them.

There's plenty of small, cheap, great camera bags that are similar in size but have padded dividers. I just picked up this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0112U1SX4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zAcbybC5ZM86M

I have this Amazon basics bag in my cart. The internal dimension seem like it will be a great fit for Mavy Wavy. I'll wait and see once I have it in-hand what I'm really going to be towing it around in. The box it comes in is quite small and nice so I will be holding on to that for certain situations also.

https://amzn.com/B00CDS9EKE

Had lunch today and seems my cool bags gunna be the new Mavic bag. Complete with the remote controller in the side pocket.

Park Ranger: - Excuse me sir, you know its illegal to fly a drone in our National State parks??
Me: Does it look like I fly I drone?? **shows Park Ranger my bag**
Park Ranger: My apologies. **walks off looking for pilot/operator**

Hello%20Kitty%20Bag.jpg

001_QE400-001.jpg
I like this bag: Quick Escape Toploader 400 Dull Black | Crumpler Official Store

Because you can wear it on your: waist (for quick grabbing the mavic out of the bag), shoulder, etcetera.
I actually bought this one (because of the price and it's in my neighbourhood): Crumpler Quick Escape 400 Camo | CameraTools.nl

Inner size is:13.0 x 20.0 x 9.5 cm
Outer size is: 20.0 x 23.0 x 12.5 cm
I let everyone know when i have the mavic and the bag if this is a good choice.

Tip!
Look at this video: CRUMPLER HOW-TOs // Quick Escape 400 de CRUMPLER on Vimeo

Last edited:
I think I'll buy something like this, camera and lenses on top, Mavic controller (and maybe GoPro case if there's space) on the bottom.

£25 on eBay!

Attachments

• IMG_6250.PNG
    IMG_6250.PNG
    737.7 KB · Views: 88
I think I'll buy something like this, camera and lenses on top, Mavic controller (and maybe GoPro case if there's space) on the bottom.

£25 on eBay!
Yes if you need extra room for the accessoires then bigger is better.
But when you only want to fly and grab you're mavic+controller quick and easy i'll go for the crumpler

check this I know some of you might of saw the messenger bag from Peak Design a few weeks back well now they have a new smaller bags and pouches that perfectly fit the Mavic. I personally ordered the Sling bag to hold my Mavic and my Mirror less Sony Camera. check out there kickstarter update with pictures of the mavic Update 23: Lockdowns are approaching, test fulfillment end of this week! · The Everyday Backpack, Tote, and Sling

You can order them here https://igg.me/at/peakdesign/x/263708
or check out their website @ www.peakdesign.com

Reactions: lucan
I had the bright idea of using camera lens cases - one each for the drone and controller, which I could slip into a backpack or hand luggage etc. I ordered a couple. When they came I compared them to the dimensions of the official bag and realised what a fantastic job they have done of keeping it compact. I returned the lens cases and ordered the official one. It is small enough to slip inside a small cycling rucksack etc. It's expensive, but probably the best option until 3rd party purpose-built ones appear.

I had the bright idea of using camera lens cases - one each for the drone and controller, which I could slip into a backpack or hand luggage etc. I ordered a couple. When they came I compared them to the dimensions of the official bag and realised what a fantastic job they have done of keeping it compact. I returned the lens cases and ordered the official one. It is small enough to slip inside a small cycling rucksack etc. It's expensive, but probably the best option until 3rd party purpose-built ones appear.
which ones did you purchase?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada