DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suitable tablet for Litchi wanted.

JetexJim

Reactions
I've got 22 successful flights using Litchi.

I've been using my Android phone and while I've had the DJI App crash three times I find Litchi more stable. Now I'm looking for a bigger screen but I want a tablet and I want one that will fit the R/C without mounting plates and extension tubes.

So, any suggestions? I've heard it said that Litchi was designed for Android while DJI was aimed at IOS. Is this true? As Litchi seems to offer features that DJI doesn't have I see no real reason to run the DJI app. Therefore an Android tablet would seem to be the best fit.

Any suggestions anyone?

You may prefer to stay in the Android world but I have good results with LItchi (and DJI GO) and an iPad Mini 4 (no need to add a holder to the RC, it works as-is).

Reactions: JetexJim
Thanks. The price on the Nexus 7 is pretty reasonable too.
Yes, if you're patient you can find good ones for a reasonable price. Mine was a 32GB refurb unit from Amazon; looked and works like brand new, $150. Last week I thought I'd bought a great-condition spare, but it turned out to be a 2012 so I just got a refund on it and the search continues. I can't believe people are willing to pay hundreds of dollars more for iCult tablets that don't even have GPS capability.

By the way, it does fit into the Mavic controller's arms, but I found that a MavMount improves the experience considerably, with better balance, better visibility and ability to add a hood for bright days. And get a 1-foot Anker USB cable from Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B019PZPYK6) to make the connection; the quality pays off in durability and solid data-transfer rate - cheapie USB cables are suitable only for tying up garbage bags.

Last edited:
Thanks again PT.
Another question, can the Nexus 7 also record its own screen while the Litchi app. is running?

(note to the forum moderators, it might be nice to subdivide this forum into DJI, Litchi, what have you. I suspect there are enough Litchi users to want all Litchi posts in one place.)

Thanks again PT.
Another question, can the Nexus 7 also record its own screen while the Litchi app. is running?

(note to the forum moderators, it might be nice to subdivide this forum into DJI, Litchi, what have you. I suspect there are enough Litchi users to want all Litchi posts in one place.)
Yes, with a third-party recorder app. It can also be rooted, which I've done but have yet to find a compelling app that requires rooting.

Reactions: JetexJim
I got the tip on here re- 7" tablet for cheap that plays nice with DJI go 4, so I went to Canada Computers, same outfit where I bought the Nividia Shield (I see they have shields lined up on sale) & picked up the Acer Iconia one, with the MedTek processor. The original poster made a point of adding "make sure you get the one with MedTek processor"). New, Acer on at 97 bucks, refurbished for 85 bucks (Can.).
After a month of Flying the Mavic Pro almost everyday I can say with confidence the darn little tablet kicks ***!
No lags, no drop outs, like not once! Even my shield has lagged, once or twice. It does grumble firing up Luchi, takes a minute or so, but other than that, I cannot find anything wrong with it, other than its white!
Also, it does fit in the arms of the waiting Mavic, tightly but fits. Original poster, says- He shaved a few of the rubber bumps off inside the Pro's arms, so the ends of the Acer slide into position easier.
I;ve seen the Acer on sale - refurbished- $80.00 to new- $101.00 & all the numbers in between.
Cheers - Happy Flying

Reactions: Sew and JetexJim

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje