DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sumarry of possible scenario

kakao

Reactions
Lets say all the equipment is up to date, full batteries, strong gps signal with over 20 satelites, not too windy, the MP is in LOS and all of the sudden the PM is not responding to pilot's commands??!?!

What to do?

Rth?
Sports mode?
Pause/Stop button?
Or something else?!

all of the sudden the PM is not responding to pilot's commands??!?!

Sorry, I'm just not getting PM ?
I think you are asking what to do if the drone (MP) loses all wireless input from the controller ?

If so, there is little you can do, you could / should certainly try pause, flicking sports mode, or auto land etc, to see if it works . . . but apart from ensuring before flight that the best RTH settings were thought out and set, then you hope like Billy-oh RTH works !

If it is flying away, you're screwed I guess, maybe try and follow (on foot or vehicle) it to hopefully recover somehow ?
If someone is with you to drive / follow, you could try closing app and restarting, see if wireless reconnects.

If it just hovers if set to hover in case of loss of wireless, or for whatever other reason, fingers crossed it would just auto land when the battery runs low enough.
Then hopefully you are not over anything dangerous to either people, property, or the drone itself directly below the hover point.

Please correct me if I misinterpreted your question / scenario.

First - Apply for StateFarm Personal Articles Policy for your hefty investment (Mavic Pro) - Typically $ 5 a month (Its the cost of one Starbucks java ma -man). Small price to pay for reassurance that the drone would be covered in a scenario such as the one you describe.

Second -
I can only imagine this would happen if there was a signal loss between the Remote Controller and the Mavic Pro. When this occurs one can have the Mavic Pro return to the Home point automatically and then either land or hover.

So if you can see the Mavic Pro and clearly in the scenario you can then I would observe it very closely to determine if it is automatically flying back towards your home point. If it is and is should be then somewhere along the way back to you the Remote Controller should regain signal and allow you to fly the Mavic Pro manually. If it does not regain signal on the way back you can Press> Long Press the button on the Remote Controller to shut it down. Then Press> Long Press again to restart the Remote Controller.

Try this process in a wide open area first so you can get used to what happens when the Mavic Pro totally looses connection to the Remote Controller. It will head back to the Home Point.

Remember - This is a stressful exercise so build up your confidence and let you balls drop before doing so.

Sorry, I'm just not getting PM ?
I think you are asking what to do if the drone (MP) loses all wireless input from the controller ?

If so, there is little you can do, you could / should certainly try pause, flicking sports mode, or auto land etc, to see if it works . . . but apart from ensuring before flight that the best RTH settings were thought out and set, then you hope like Billy-oh RTH works !

If it is flying away, you're screwed I guess, maybe try and follow (on foot or vehicle) it to hopefully recover somehow ?
If someone is with you to drive / follow, you could try closing app and restarting, see if wireless reconnects.

If it just hovers if set to hover in case of loss of wireless, or for whatever other reason, fingers crossed it would just auto land when the battery runs low enough.
Then hopefully you are not over anything dangerous to either people, property, or the drone itself directly below the hover point.

Please correct me if I misinterpreted your question / scenario.

Thanks, I meant MP .

So, how far away was it from you, what devices are you using, what was your antenna orientation, what type of area were you flying in, etc, etc. Get the point, how can we possible help or advise you with out all the data.

So, how far away was it from you, what devices are you using, what was your antenna orientation, what type of area were you flying in, etc, etc. Get the point, how can we possible help or advise you with out all the data.

This was just a general question about loosing a connection between the MP and RC.

I'd say swirching the RC off and on would ve a good option, providing MP is in the range and/or LOS.

(ps. I was flying over the water/ocean yesterday, and nearly s**t my pants.)

Any other ideas guys??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580