DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Sun rising and moon setting Pano

Heckmaniac's Drone

Reactions
Just a couple shots at dawn capturing a very small moon setting over the Philadelphia side of the bridge (might need to zoom), and the sun rising over the Jersey side in a 180 deg Pano. I found the timing interesting to be able to see both at the same time. I’m not a pro, so I’ll take the critiques for improvement efforts if relevant to the drone settings.but not a lot of expertise on my part with photo editing software. If you find interesting or ideas to capture different views, let me know.7749D96C-43F2-4E24-9EA2-3B5E9DF7D253.jpeg41072254-7178-4A5D-9007-D066498EA3B7.jpeg

Last edited:
I love the first image. I've got some time on my hands so decided to take a crack at doing a few enhancements. I'm not sure if that would be my final, but right now I'm editing on a 13" laptop rather than my calibrated 27" screens at home. But I think it's a good start. I liked the moon a lot, but to make it a feature of the image it needed some help. I thought enlarging and repositioning it would make the image more dynamic. I also thought to open up the detail on the bridge and water as well. I could open them more, but didn't want to go too far and spoil the effect. I hope you like it. It's a fantastic image. Congrats!

jersey-philly copy.jpg

jersey-philly.jpeg

I love the first image. I've got some time on my hands so decided to take a crack at doing a few enhancements. I'm not sure if that would be my final, but right now I'm editing on a 13" laptop rather than my calibrated 27" screens at home. But I think it's a good start. I liked the moon a lot, but to make it a feature of the image it needed some help. I thought enlarging and repositioning it would make the image more dynamic. I also thought to open up the detail on the bridge and water as well. I could open them more, but didn't want to go too far and spoil the effect. I hope you like it. It's a fantastic image. Congrats!

View attachment 144191

Love the change and honestly wish I knew how to do this stuff. I have 2 free programs I “try” to use on occasion. One is called GIMP, which is a free photo editor, and Davinci Resolve 16 which is free software I use to edit video to post to YT. I’ll have to google how to enlarge an object in a pic like you did. Love it tho - thanks!

@Heckmaniac's Drone "Love the change and honestly wish I knew how to do this stuff. I have 2 free programs I “try” to use on occasion. One is called GIMP, which is a free photo editor, and Davinci Resolve 16 which is free software I use to edit video to post to YT. I’ll have to google how to enlarge an object in a pic like you did. Love it tho - thanks!"

Now is as good a time to learn as any now that you have a tool to take great pictures and some interesting new perspectives.

In terms of image enhancements, knowing what you what you want to do is key. How to go about it is secondary as there are usually multiple ways to do almost anything in Photoshop or a good photo editing program. What you can do generally before getting fancy is actually very limited. Brightness and contrast. Hue and saturation are pretty much the basics. Going beyond that you'll start thinking "isolation"; Isolation of various colors and tones. Isolation of objects. Once you get that far in learning how to do things it's all a matter of knowing what you want to do.

In the case of your image, it was already 90%+ there. I merely isolated the moon, bridge, water and bright building in the background and made minor adjustments. Everything else was there and beautiful.

Just a couple shots at dawn capturing a very small moon setting over the Philadelphia side of the bridge (might need to zoom), and the sun rising over the Jersey side in a 180 deg Pano. I found the timing interesting to be able to see both at the same time. I’m not a pro, so I’ll take the critiques for improvement efforts if relevant to the drone settings.but not a lot of expertise on my part with photo editing software. If you find interesting or ideas to capture different views, let me know.View attachment 144180View attachment 144179

It's a great shot. Here is my take on it (I inserted a nice moon and opened the shadows of the bridge and water with shadows slider in Adobe Camera RAW (Photoshop).
Hope you like it.

Dale
Moon Over Philly.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580