DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sun shades

Yids100

Reactions
I am new to drones but I have a problem seeing the screen in the sun . I have looked everywhere to buy a sunshade but can't find any to fit my Samsung A42 5G it's just under 7 inches. Please can anyone advise . I fly the Mavic mini. Thanks

Hello from the Crossroads of America Yids100

A four sided shade such as this may work best as it will block the light from four sides and easier to see the screen.

I purchased a four sided hood for my mini4 when I flew my Spark and it works well.

A neck lanyard will also help for future flights.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: Brian I
You no what works well in a pinch , a ball cap. If i am dire need i will flip it over the top of the controller which can get the job done many times. But there is no beating a designated hood.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain .

I would think that you could make a custom one out of a piece of Kydex plastic (available EBay). You can easily cut to size with a Dremel and bend the corners with a heat gun or hair dryer.

I am new to drones but I have a problem seeing the screen in the sun . I have looked everywhere to buy a sunshade but can't find any to fit my Samsung A42 5G it's just under 7 inches. Please can anyone advise . I fly the Mavic mini. Thanks
Check Aliexpress.com Chinese part of Alibaba , they ship worldwide and the have numerous sunshades for DJI drones including Tablets Ipads etc. I have used the many times, shipping varies 10-20 days in most cases...

Cut up a cardboard box if buying one or waiting for delivery doesn't appeal ?

In addition to sun hitting the screen, a big part of the problem is the screen reflecting the sky, your face or your shirt. Using a matte, non-glare screen protector on your phone greatly reduces the reflections. A combo of a non-glare overlay plus a sun hood is the answer.

Check Aliexpress.com Chinese part of Alibaba , they ship worldwide and the have numerous sunshades for DJI drones including Tablets Ipads etc. I have used the many times, shipping varies 10-20 days in most cases...
Odd sight. I type in sun and it comes up with some options, click on it and it can't find it.

I use one of these. works great! It's on amazon.

Attachments

• umb1.jpg
    umb1.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: princejim
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member