DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sundance, UT drone footage, any tips on shooting/editing appreciated!

At 0:42 I thought I was looking at a golf course and thinking boy that would be a really tough one, then I realized it was a ski slope. Silly me!

At 0:42 I thought I was looking at a golf course and thinking boy that would be a really tough one, then I realized it was a ski slope. Silly me!

Lol, the angle makes it hard to tell it's the slope and it doesn't appear very steep in the shot! I guess I was too high altitude maybe?

Lol, the angle makes it hard to tell it's the slope and it doesn't appear very steep in the shot! I guess I was too high altitude maybe?
I saw the white spots on the green er I mean slope, and thought they were sand traps. It's a Monday, my mind isn't fully here yet, and I forgot that you guys still have snow even though it's almost summer! :)

I saw the white spots on the green er I mean slope, and thought they were sand traps. It's a Monday, my mind isn't fully here yet, and I forgot that you guys still have snow even though it's almost summer! :)
We had a really wet winter, last year we were up at Sundance on the same date and it was almost entirely melted! Pretty wild this year.

I noticed a bit of grain/noise in the darks.. not sure why ISO was 100, maybe the ND filters messing with it, that's next on my list of things to tackle..

Thanks for any tips in advance. Happy flying!
I just love watching these scenic clips. Takes me away from the day-to-day.

Cool, thanks! Off topic how is flying in the UK? My wife and I are attempting a trip there in 2020 hopefully along with other parts of EU.
I have never had any problems with the Drone. People only ask how much did it cost. I would add that my flying is mainly to add aerial shots to a video I am making (purely amateur) . Therefore I am only at one spot and in the air for about one batterysworth so nobody really takes any notice. If you were to staying for along time (if you have that many batteries) in the same place I imagine you would be more noticed. Otherwise there are lots of open spaces and besides rivers where you can fly without any problems. In the South east especially in London it is more difficult than further north. Other EU places you will probably get feedback on here from members. I would not worry you are aware about definite no no places . Just enjoy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929